Fouled plug?

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
Hi guys. I noticed my car running wierd and i think it is because i fouled out a plug. When i drive at 2/3rds throttle or more or try to accelerate the car picks up really slow. It doesn't have a misfire. The car kinda stumbles and shakes a little. This happens whether in boost or not. Mabye the spark is being blown out? please help.
-Steve

UPDATE on last post:

"OK the code 51 is gone. car runs MUCH better.however, when im around 4k rpm and WOT the car doesnt seem like it wants to pull and startes vibrating. What do you think this is?
-Steve"

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
ie, what color are they mostly? it will tell you if you're running too lean/rich in a cylander, too hot, leaking oil low compression, bad rings etc

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
I just noticed that the studdering isnt rpm dependent. its when i have the throttle open from 10 vac foward.
-Steve

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
The car seems to run fine with the TPS unplugged except for a high idle (1200rpm). Is this ok for a temporary fix until i get my new TPS installed? by the way would an n/a TPS work?
-Steve

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
Update! Installed new TPS. Hesitation was gone for a couple of pulls. A burnout later and a high rpm run, hesitation is BACK! WTF!!!.
-Steve

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
OK the code 51 is gone. car runs MUCH better.however, when im around 4k rpm and WOT the car doesnt seem like it wants to pull and startes vibrating. What do you think this is?
-Steve