For you guys going to Tx2k8 next year.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
they want to try to change the hotel to the Omni next year. Though this sounds awesome (because the omni is a nice hotel)...they cost is 150 bucks instead of 70 bucks from our old locations being the best western and holiday inn.

Now Id be all for a sweet hotel, but im BARELY there in my hotel room...most of my time is spent at the events, then going out at the bars...i just go to my hotel room to sleep and shit. Paying an extra 70-80 bucks is a bit unreasonable when im not in my hotel much to begin with.

So I dunno bout you guys...but im all for the old one.

heres a thread on SF that has a poll showing which one would you prefer next year. I say the Holiday Inn/Best Western.....70 bucks, great atmosphere, sushi/japanese resturaunt in the parking lot, IHOP in the parking lot, great location, right on the highway, close to liquor store, PF Changs, Hooters, Randalls, target, Old Navy etc. etc.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460243&page=6

post your vote, show your support.

I know the mk3 crowd represents hard at these meets and I also know that unlike some of the more wealthier people there, we dont have the higher disposable income...so yeah, vote. thanks.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
i voted for the old one too. hopefully i can make it this year. this real world work thing is messing my play time up.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
the only issue I see with the old location is what happened last year :(

idiots in Houston can't drive...

That's a hell of a lot of money when you add it up for 4 days... I'll run the risk of having an accident just for half the price...

not to mention the cost of the events, I'd dump well over a GRAND next year if we have to use the new hotel... not good IMHO...