flywheel bolts backing off

SupraBro

So i just had to pull my trans because of my flywheel bolts backed off:: angry ::
People are telling me to use threadlock, (the red kind) this time and they will not back off. Is this the right stuff to use??

thanks for the help!
brandon

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
yes red lock tight will work very well. If you have issues getting them off in the future, just put a propane a torch to the bolt and it will free up the lock tight.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ditto and chase the threads. The loose bolts + load may have started to maul the threads a bit. And new hardware is a must..

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
grimreaper;1691723 said:
The loose bolts + load may have started to maul the threads a bit. And new hardware is a must..

^ all of the above sounds like a must. Its no fun when a flywheel comes through your floor and tries to eat your feet.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Clean the threads, replace the bolts, use red thread locker. I think Driftmotion was going to have their locking ring for the flywheel bolts made for the 7M as well, might wanna see if they have it done yet.

Also, only the JZ's require sealant, 7M doesn't. Threadlocker is extra security and an impact will take them right out even with the red stuff.

SupraBro

Ok thanks guys!!! Good info!! I will get new bolts and some threadlock... I do not want to go through this again, i hate pulling a r154 out of these cars

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

OH and i guess i should do a rear main seal to!!!