Fixing other peoples fuck ups need help with a few things

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
ok so i found this supra an 88 7mgte targa manual for 600 dollars guy bought it from a friend of his who after replacing the head gasket couldnt get fire to the starter and after looking under the hood when i went to go look at the car i knew exactly what was wrong and fixed it but he had jerry rigged so much of the electical and other things under the hood that i need some help figuring out how things are sopose to be. first off i got the starter to work but its backfiring through the intake and im also curious if i could get a picture of the bracket for the throttle cable going to the stock intake manifold. and if someone could tell me a few of the basic things to look out for im new to the supras but not new to toyotas ive owned a few celicas and done a lot of work to them. ive been doing some research and i have an aftermarked intake manifold and a t4 turbo manifold and the upgrade for the ct26 turbo. the car already has a three inch down pipe on it but the guy just left it wide open under the car. any help will be appreciated thanks

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
i checked the timing and yes its off by a tooth. and no it dont start im going to set the timing tomorrow ran out of day light but it was back firing really bad through the intake. the guy went and modified the maf he took it out of the stock location and cut a hole in the rubber connector and zip tied it in there . the throttle cable bracket is modified. i also found out what kind of dp i have on it its a divorced downpipe i dont know much about them. ill try and get some pictures tomorrow.
Suprasonic19;1670917 said:
Check the timing. Sounds like it could be a tooth or two off.

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
It might be running lean. The *AFM* is designed to work with the preset internal diameter of the factory housing. If you aren't running MAFT-rans or MAFT-pro, i would find an OEM housing and drop the sensor into it. That is why you need bigger injectors (Among other things) when you switch to the lexus AFM. Also, you either have an adapter on that t3/4 manifold, or you don't have a factory ct26 housing, because the ct26 isn't flanged for t3/4.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Greyscorpion;1670870 said:
ok so i found this supra an 88 7mgte targa manual for 600 dollars guy bought it from a friend of his who after replacing the head gasket couldnt get fire to the starter and after looking under the hood when i went to go look at the car i knew exactly what was wrong and fixed it but he had jerry rigged so much of the electical and other things under the hood that i need some help figuring out how things are sopose to be. first off i got the starter to work but its backfiring through the intake and im also curious if i could get a picture of the bracket for the throttle cable going to the stock intake manifold. and if someone could tell me a few of the basic things to look out for im new to the supras but not new to toyotas ive owned a few celicas and done a lot of work to them. ive been doing some research and i have an aftermarked intake manifold and a t4 turbo manifold and the upgrade for the ct26 turbo. the car already has a three inch down pipe on it but the guy just left it wide open under the car. any help will be appreciated thanks

Be thankful to those who are trying to help you, because I (and I'm sure many others) just looked at this mess of a post and moved on ..

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
heres a pic of the maf
p1671094_1.jpg
p1671094_2.jpg

and the throttle cable bracket he had jerry rigged it with a small piece of metal i have a feeling that something is missing let me know
p1671094_3.jpg

i appreciate the help from everyone and hopefully these pictures help but i have figured most of the issues out with the links that nosechunks sent me that was extremely helpful
p1671094_4.jpg
p1671094_5.jpg

p1671094_6.jpg

it also has a crazzy body kit that came with the car looks like he started to put it on before he gave up the car
I have to go and buy some proper bolts for the intercooler he had like 10 washers stacked on it and when i was moving the car to my house i was worried about it getting ripped off the car its bad enough that the turbo piping was rubbing the ground and the roads down here in new orleans arent forgiving by any means

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Uhhhh, i'm pretty sure that you have a factory intake manifold, and exhaust manifold.... and turbo. The piece that bolts to the bottom of the throttle cable bracket is just another small piece of metal that acts as a spacer.

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
spikesnstuff0905;1671296 said:
Uhhhh, i'm pretty sure that you have a factory intake manifold, and exhaust manifold.... and turbo. The piece that bolts to the bottom of the throttle cable bracket is just another small piece of metal that acts as a spacer.

I meant as far as upgrades to put on the car yea the intake and exhaust manifold on the car are stock sorry for not clarifying

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
Thanks for the help and pictures I worked on setting the timing today for a little bit but got pulled away to take care of other things it's still backfiring through both intake and exhaust.