fixing Oil leaks 3rd times a charm??

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
Right so although my car runs strong ive had constant problems with oil leaks.

!st the turbo drain burnt and spayed oil everywhere-fixed that

then front and rear main seals were leaking pulled motor-fixed that aswell as resealing the sump

now there is puddles of oil again under the car 90% is coming from the sump on the intake side that leaks down on to the steering rack(can see it dripping when motor is running) couple of drops on the right front (think is p/s fluid)

an couple of drops from the front and back of box(id say its the cam cover seals)

but the parts that confuse me are the entire intake side of the block, under the intake manifold harness ect its sprayed in oil (was all cleaned last time motor was pulled then last month now its back.

could the dripping from the front of the sump spray up the side of the block at highway speeds ect or should I be looking at something else leaking ?? I really want to get it sorted this time dont like pulling motors let alone running ones :(

(btw its not my daily just a weekend toy so not many kms done whilst leaking at the start was just a few drips but has been getting worse as soon as i saw it dripping from the sump I parked it to pull the motor)

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Clean it off and put tracer dye in it, then see where the dye trail leads. You can get UV dye that glows under a blacklight, or red dye that just dyes the oil bright red. Just drain it out and put fresh oil in before you drive hard, I don't know what that stuff would do under stress.

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
take you oil filter off and unbolt the plate with a M on it and put a new gasket there and some FIPG and sung it up this is what happened to me and took me forever to find it.

p1754886_1.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Snap just saw you said the intake side my bad for not reading the hole thing.

KMinAF

Old Man
Sep 15, 2006
American Fork, UT
Possible that it is leaking from the blow by hose? I had one where the metal tube had become loose in the valve cover allowing oil to weep along the hose and drip onto the block.

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
I've checked that breather hose I do have sealant around it as it did get knocked out but there's no oil ontop of the manifold and the hose is dry might have to look into this die trick as I'm guessing it only happens when moving or under boost