First time taking apart diff. (need more top speed from th400)

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
After going through all the options on what I can do for enjoyable cruising speeds and maybe some quick highway pulls, I decided to tear open a spare 3.73 lsd i've had for awhile and get parts from this site, first have to contact them. http://www.weirperformance.com/finaldrivegears.html

update: talked with Ben from Weir and he had stated that the 3.07 ring and pinion gear slides into the toyota diff, BUT - he's not exactly sure if there would be any minor grinding to the casing to make it work. So I'm waiting to hear back. First he has to source one out from an old toyota truck.

right now as calculated, i am at 55mph at 3k rpm. That is with a 25" tire diameter and 1.00 gear
so yeah, im using a 4.10 lsd and needs to go asap.

I would like to install 2.56 final drive that would put me at around 70mph at 2500rpm, which is perfect. also wanting to keep the car around 350-400rwhp on low boost setting in the evc.
- unfortunately this isn't likely to happen without spending 5 g's

I was also looking at that sites lsd upgrades to have it hold more.

just looking for any experts thoughts/suggestions to making a move like this. Any cons with this besides the obvious loss in speed at lower gears...?

Last edited: