first time at dyno! Im stoked! :D 391 rwhp at 15 lbs.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
ok so ive been working on my 89 for a while now. Im still in the process of tuning it, but i wanted to see what i was pushing cause it hauls ass!! I only ran 15 psi this time, and my AFRs are at 11.8:1 under boost.

Mods:-

JE .20 over
Eagles
Fully balanaced
2.0 mm mls HG
ARP throughout engine
Precision 6152
560cc evos
Denso fuel pump
AERO AFPR at 32 (vac on)
ETS IC kit
Aem cam gears (not adjusted yet)
Rebuilt head (stock)
1 pc DS
6 puck clutch
11lb FW
4 In Intake
Maf-t BASIC!!!!! no its not PRO lol
greddy Type S
R154
3 inch turbo back.

DYNO.jpg dyno 2.jpg

IDK how to get the pictures bigger.

i got 391 RWHP at only 15 psi with AFRs at 11.8:1. Im thinkin if i got my AFRs at around 12:1 i can get into the 400s at 15 psi. but i plan on running around 18 next summer when there are actually people still out cruising the HWY by me. lol

So what do you guys think? i personally think its damn good for 15 psi. lol
and it was on a dyno jet if that makes any difference...?

THANKS!

Last edited:

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
ya i thought i might turn it down to 11.5:1

and forgot to put in my mod list and ill fix it now, but i have a Denso Fuel pump that flows a bit more that a walbro.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
hell ya! id love to go to one of those! keep me posted if you remember. lol

and by next year i should be at around 500ish whp ':D if eveything goes well! LOL

Where abouts WI are you? i havnt seen your supra over by me... lol

moorman

Not a Lurker, Voyeuristic
May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
I was loosely watching this thread and came here when I checked on it and saw that you bought the car. I don't see it listed, is the turbo still the Boss Jr 60-1?

I'll be in Milwaukee Dec. 8th through 12th, want to meet up for a beer or two? I've got a Boss Jr 60-1 about to go into my new build, and I'd love see it in action (conditions permitting).

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Lol I've been looking for a thread of what my car was before I got it!

But unfortunately I'm not 21 yet! Haha 4 more months!

But i just got the shell for 400 bucks! Lol I built this motor myself. I think Ben still had his Boss. I have a precision 6152 as listed in my mods list up there. :p

What brings you to this hell hole? Haha

moorman

Not a Lurker, Voyeuristic
May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
I'll be out visiting a friend and catching a Packers game. I find a visit to the tundra from time to time helps to keep a fresh perspective. Most SoCal locals go ape-shit if the weather gets inclement for more than 5 minutes, and trips like this are a good measure of how soft I'm getting ;)

I've already got the Boss, but life keeps delaying my build and I'm dying to get a taste of what it has in store. I have yet to find a dyno using the Boss Jr with even a halfway competent tune, so my curiosity has been peaked for quite a while.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Haha I see. You a packers fan?

And ya idk how the Boss is, but Ben still has to get me some of the interior pieces to the car, so I'll ask him about it when I see him. I believe he's got a 1jz though.