first hundred rounds..a new adiction is born

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
so after putting it off a wile, i finaly got my ass in gear and decided to go gun shopping today.
not knowing where to start, i went over to a range in amarillo that had rental units. after a little discussion, they pointed me towards a reuger .357 revolver. i plan on ccing this gun, and im left handed, and really didnt find anything in a semi that seemed to work for me. At first i was a lil apprehensive about the whole thing, they gave me a quick written saftey test(perfect score, and the hunting saftey course i took was like 20 years ago), and declared me good to go. wha? yeah, they handed me the gun, a box of .38 rounds, and a pair of muffs, and sent me back to the range, alone.
i managed to get target up on the line, and ran it out about 15 yards. longer than i wanted to start out at, but the light sucked at 10. loaded up, sucked it up, squeezed, and sent my first round to only god knows where. it damn sure wasnt the target. second round went awry as well, was glad i was only one there. after that it got a lot better, id say the last 20 or so shots were in the 9 ring. not bad for first time, unassisted, i think.
damn this was fun. went up, grabbed another box, and a shilloette target. this box went a lot better, put all but about 11 in the 9 ring. five of those 11 were the last ones i shot, at the head. got to where i couldnt tell where i was hitting anymore. i put them in about a four inch group, about three inches low from where i was aiming.

i don't think i did too bad for getting no instruction, and have never fired a handgun before. it was with a two inch barrel, another 5 yards and my beginners luck would prolly have run out. damn i got hooked instantly on this shit. several gun stores later i setteled on a rossi .357, not a sexy name, but itll do for now....

....shame while filling out my paperwork i discovered my drivers license missing...damn it.

ill try to post up pics of those targets when i can

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
welcome to the club! i have a glock 17 and a jericho and have run probably 1200 rounds through them in the 2 1/2 months i have owned them. considering looking at a .22 (walther p22) for plinking (alot cheaper to shoot!)

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I was the same way with my Beretta M9. First few shots went everywhere 'til I got my bearings, then I was doing pretty well afterwards. I also got confused with trying to sight the gun AND having the Crimson Trace lit up, then I realized the CT was actually set dead on, so focusing sighting strictly by laser made a whole hell of a lot of difference. I still practice with and without laser assistance (so I don't become dependent on the CT), but it's always a blast. I think once I get past the anticipation of the first shot (as I'm still jittery until I fire it off), I manage to calm down and enjoy the rest!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Welcome to the addiction. I am waiting for my arm to heal before I go out and grab my permit (after waiting for 4 months) and then go shopping. First time I went shooting with friends, we had quite the arsenal, everything from 22 rifles to mosins, and from 22 pistols to the dirty harry 44 mag.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
/\ funny u say that, I'm kicking around the same idea. I really like the p22 in olive drab but wish I could find something higher in capacity than the 10 rnds it holds.