first few races with new engine!

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
ok so i went out to "cruise" :evil2:eek:n patton ave. my engine just clicked over 1k since the rebuild. last time i came out i was running wide open dp so it was really loud. but i have since had a full 3 in exhaust made and installed the 4in muffler so its quiet now for the most part. but anyways for the good part. so im crusin along just checking out the scene when i pass an eclipse not thinking about it i just keep going when i notice he coming up fast so when i go to turn around he follows we end up side by side at the light he looks at me and smiles and gives a slight nod kinda sarcatic like. by this time i realize its an awd turbo sounds nice though. so i nod back and not having raced the car before i was hoping for the best. so light turns green we ease off in first for fear of spinning too much. we shift to second then i hear him nail it so i do the same i instanly jumped about 1 and 1/2 on him throughout second and then in third it was all over i would guess about 4-5 cars easy and pulling so i let out.
so feeling a little more confident i continue crusing around when i notice im being followed again after the u turn at the same light a red srt-4 pulls up beside me and motions for me to roll the window down so he asks " what do you have done"? i say 60 trim running 9psi you? he says stage 2 with other goodies and says to be careful of the cops around town... so light turns green and we ease out we both shift into second and he floors it and so do i start pulling away about 1 car through second and in third continue to pull a few more before shutting down.. guy was cool about it though.
so later on a 97 ish gt mustang pulls up at the same light and lets just say i lost him in third some where and didnt see him until about half an hr later lol.
by this time im feelin pretty good about my car so i followed a ram air ta until we got to the light we lined up and started from a 2nd gear roll i pulled about 1/2 car on him in second and in third put about 1-2 on him before we let out.. so he follows me to the next light and he wants to go again sooooo again from 2nd we go i jump about 1/2 car on him again and we both hit third he catches up until the top end of 3rd im barely ahead by a nose.. we had to let out because of traffic but it was still a good run..
and right before i went home there was a guy in a supercharged montecarlo tony stewert edition "lol" running open exhaust lined up with me at the light and wanted to go so when the light turned green we take off and before i can even get into 2nd he nails it si i did also and of course i break traction and start spinning like hell by this time hes about 1 car ahead because of me spinning so i try to make up time and hit second hard and the car just spins even more and starts to try to get sideways..... so i let out... i followed him several laps to try and go again this time from a roll and he wont even acknowledge me now like he just waxed my ass or something lol but oh well it was fun. and for the rest of the night i had a guy in a firebird do several fly bys but never line up with me.. and som idiot in a jeep cherokee too. lol
so as of right now im happy with the result and think im only runnig 9psi on a 60 trim ct26 all stock except 3in exhaust more to come when i get somemore upgrades... sorry so long and thanks for reading..:naughty:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've raced all of the above mentioned cars too, well except for the Tony Stewart edition'd car. Good kills and congrats on a great night out and making it home without being towed........:biglaugh:

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Damn, those are some pretty good kills, sucks about your traction problem with the monte carlo. Crazy how many runs you did in one night, it's not too often you come by people who wants to run.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
well on fri and sat night people are everywhere wanting to run down on patton... i could have had alot more but i try to stay out of the police radar lol..