First car

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
I suggest a 91-up Jeep Cherokee. I had a 91 as my first car, and it was great. Cheap to fix, plenty of room to do work on it. In other words, its really easy to start learning how to work on a car on, its a tough car, the I6 engine in it is plenty strong. Youll definitely have fun with it, and enjoying seat time more than downtime. [unlike the supra]

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
steven89;1740872 said:
I suggest a 91-up Jeep Cherokee. I had a 91 as my first car, and it was great. Cheap to fix, plenty of room to do work on it. In other words, its really easy to start learning how to work on a car on, its a tough car, the I6 engine in it is plenty strong. Youll definitely have fun with it, and enjoying seat time more than downtime. [unlike the supra]

lol love the 3 cars fighting ya that would be pretty good wouldnt it but what im trying to get is something no one is gonna have because everyone has a mustang civic or a jeep got any others?

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
supralover2;1740877 said:
lol love the 3 cars fighting ya that would be pretty good wouldnt it but what im trying to get is something no one is gonna have because everyone has a mustang civic or a jeep got any others?

wow.. If youre trying to get something unique for your FIRST car.. and your suggestions have been eclipse, and a camaro? are you being serious right now? lol youre definitely trolling.

You sound like you'd be right at home with a 240sx, with a missing rear bumper, and dented fenders from a kid trying to learn how to drift right after getting his license.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
IMO, your first car should be a small econo-box. Corolla, Civic, Sentra, etc. If you crash it, its not that big of a deal, and you can keep it as a Daily Driver when you eventually get a 'fun' car.

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
steven89;1740883 said:
wow.. If youre trying to get something unique for your FIRST car.. and your suggestions have been eclipse, and a camaro? are you being serious right now? lol youre definitely trolling.

You sound like you'd be right at home with a 240sx, with a missing rear bumper, and dented fenders from a kid trying to learn how to drift right after getting his license.

can u guys just give me a suggestion thats not a fucking civic or celica

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Settle down, now. People are trying to help you out, whether you like their suggestions or not.

Steven89, no need to bash him with the 240 comment, lets try to stay positive people!

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
toyotanos;1740888 said:
Settle down, now. People are trying to help you out, whether you like their suggestions or not.

Steven89, no need to bash him with the 240 comment, lets try to stay positive people!

no ive posted a few first car threads and all i got was civic and miata crap getting on my nerves now

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Nah, he really is just trolling.

Supralover2 - get whatever you want, because youre obviously not open to suggestions.

Perhaps if he really wanted help, hed say what he liked and didnt like out of all the ones he HAS looked at.

simply saying , i dont like civic/miata does NOT get you anywhere...

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
o hey btw saw ur build sweet supra when u bought it are you gonna keep the tailights shaded?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

steven89;1740891 said:
Nah, he really is just trolling.

Supralover2 - get whatever you want, because youre obviously not open to suggestions.

Perhaps if he really wanted help, hed say what he liked and didnt like out of all the ones he HAS looked at.

simply saying , i dont like civic/miata does NOT get you anywhere...
im open with whatever u have to throw at me but im just listing cars i saw at my local dealerships
3g eclipse,2g gst eclipse,3000gt sl, mk3 supra and an integra

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
supralover2;1740892 said:
o hey btw saw ur build sweet supra when u bought it are you gonna keep the tailights shaded?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

im open with whatever u have to throw at me but im just listing cars i saw at my local dealerships
3g eclipse,2g gst eclipse,3000gt sl, mk3 supra and an integra

Nah, but really though. I would ACTUALLY recommend a 240sx [because you can pretty much swap/do anything you want with it] or something in the Mazdaspeed world [like a mazdaspeed protege, mazdaspeed 3, mazdaspeed 6. if you can afford any of those. I was seriously looking at the mazdaspeed protege for a while, just looks like a fun lil FWD turbo car.

These recommendations are because you seem to reject "normal, honest daily drivers".

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
steven89;1740901 said:
Nah, but really though. I would ACTUALLY recommend a 240sx [because you can pretty much swap/do anything you want with it] or something in the Mazdaspeed world [like a mazdaspeed protege, mazdaspeed 3, mazdaspeed 6. if you can afford any of those. I was seriously looking at the mazdaspeed protege for a while, just looks like a fun lil FWD turbo car.

These recommendations are because you seem to reject "normal, honest daily drivers".
lol