First Car = BADASS

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
MROsborne;1440131 said:
How much would you figure that greddy exhaust is worth? I think I wanna get something a little louder.
OK stop right there, step away from the exhaust. LOL

Not sure how old you are but unless you are 35 yrs old with that loud exhaust and a fast car, you are BEGGING for tickets. If the exhaust isnt hurting your HP LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! Trust me swapping a louder exhaust only makes you a target for the MAN. Cops are like fish, if you stand out as a target they will come and get you.

Besides nothing feels better than schooling some Mustang, Camaro, or Viper with a loud exhaust when yours is quiet as hell. Dont go advertising unless you want tickets and increased insurance. Besides Im sure its plenty loud when your WOT.

Louder exhausts are EXACTLY what kids do. You are already a step ahead of the KIDS, with a super fast car, lets keep it that way.

MROsborne;1434621 said:
Thanks everyone for looking out for me, and yes it is turned down to 5 psi and thats how Im gonna learn on it, thank god for boost controllers lol

MROsborne;1440161 said:
I'm coming to meets for sure! I've never seen more than 2 supras together at once. But right now she's rated at 400 because I got the boost turned down, and thats probobly at the crank not wheels lol
Im sure this is a new car for you and unless I read wrong Im pretty confident you cant make 400 WHP on 3 liters with 5 psi unless you have a ton of compression and spin it to the moon. Which Im sure is 100% not the case. At 5 PSI you are probably closer to 230 HP Not sure what it would be at the wheels.

Wax it wash it make it look as good as you can until you can afford a new paint job, but please spend the money on good tires and shocks and making sure stuff like bushings, shocks swaybars and stuff like that are in great shape.

Look for an autocross and get yourself a winter beater so you dont have to drives this car through a winter if you are subject to rain and snow.

Please spend money on looks and sound last. Safety and performance first.

Sounds like you have an awesome 1st car, be responsible and it might last you.

Dont mean to sound harsh, I would just like to see you keep this car and not wad it up and hurt yourself.

Enjoy, and I wait for more photos.

Last edited:

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Yea when I said the boost was turned down and it was rated at 400 it had 14psi not 5, your right when you say it's probobly 230 at 5psi. Thank you for the advice and yes I am going to spend money so it runs good before I get flashy things. But I do have to repair a few things like the rust in the drivers side rear wheel well, rust in the spare tire compartment, fix the latch window from leaking, fix the surface rust along the windshield and also get it resealed, AND possibly fix the AC and rewire the foglights.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Im all about loud loud and louder! My friend called me while I was driving one day. He was 6 blocks away in his girlfriends basement and I woke him up. Granted it was late in the morning and he was probably waking up anyways, he still heard me. Thanks Randy!!

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
Jayhall;1441685 said:
Im all about loud loud and louder! My friend called me while I was driving one day. He was 6 blocks away in his girlfriends basement and I woke him up. Granted it was late in the morning and he was probably waking up anyways, he still heard me. Thanks Randy!!

Lmao.. i WAS like that too.. its annoying now though as my daily driver.. i just have those times when i dont wanna hear it.. and im tired of having to blast my music to hear it or shout when i wanna talk and tired of attraction soo much attention with such a loud car..attention is good :) but i get cop attention too.. which sucks.. Getting new muffler and resonators soon!!

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
I took out all my rear interior today just to get at the struts for the hatch; I had to replace the struts because they were shot. My buddy also helped me wire my aem wideband. I also tried to install my hks vpc but it's the wrong one, it's meant for a 1GGTE so now I have no aftermarket ecu :(

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
MROsborne;1434705 said:
That's a good idea, wonder if there are any good ones where I live... and how much it would cost lol you just wanna teach me buddy? lol and yes, I bought the car myself with no help from my parents or anyone so I think that way I will have more respect for the car and I will take care of it so I get my moneys worth.

There are quite a few local Performance driving courses. I did the CACC SCCA class about 13 years ago now and had a blast. I then did lots of lapping days and Auto-x's and built my confidence behind the wheel. Keep your eye open in the spring when the race track and Programs start up again.

upgradedsupra;1439368 said:
That looks like Brent's old car actually. He sold it to a guy before this guy ou got it from I bet. If it was Brent's, he ran 12.7 in it, if same car, gearing was different too. Same interior and wheels (Don's old wheels) too. Looks like my old GReddy exhaust too from years ago! I would have to see it to be sure but 90% it was his old car! :) It was white before too, now, 99% it was.

Duane

Yeah that is for sure Brent's old car, Wheels and the worn tires are all the same. That car has a bunch of my old parts on it too LOL.

I believe he made the 415whp at 20psi or so unless your friend has changed a bunch since then.

Have fun and do not kill your self.

Jeremy

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
MROsborne;1441784 said:
I took out all my rear interior today just to get at the struts for the hatch; I had to replace the struts because they were shot. My buddy also helped me wire my aem wideband. I also tried to install my hks vpc but it's the wrong one, it's meant for a 1GGTE so now I have no aftermarket ecu :(

So, it doesn't have AFC in it anymore? It did when Brent had it.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
MROsborne;1440161 said:
I'm coming to meets for sure! I've never seen more than 2 supras together at once. But right now she's rated at 400 because I got the boost turned down, and thats probobly at the crank not wheels lol

Sounds more like it. congrats!

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
RogueSteel;1442182 said:
Just curious, got any vids?

I don't have any personaly but my friend wes ( whom was the 3rd and last owner before me) has a couple vids of the car at our local drag strip and some exhaust vids. I wouldn't be suprised if they are on YouTube.