finishing up 1jz swap and I'm having some odd problems

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
so I got my 1jz running last week and it was running horrible. misfiring and all that. I changed my plugs and that fixed that. when I went to drive it though I realized that as the revs come down the car starts to misfire just a little and will do so as long as its in gear and I'm not pushing the gas. as soon as push on the throttle even a little bit it stops. any ideas?

my second issue is on my boost gauge it reads like 11~13psi at to boost. my mods are:

cone filter from dm
huge 31x12x3 in intercooler
no exhaust just coming out of y pipe(will be 3" no cat)

will just that cause the 1j to boost so high and is there any problem with it boosting that high??

Feb 28, 2008
North Babylon, New York
im running with stock twins right now and i'm hitting like 14lbs with out the boost controller pretty much simular mods big fmic and full 3 inch exhaust well i have the rest of my exhaust not just dumpin it from the the downpipe lol but yea your boost sound like its where it should be as far as the misfire on deceleration is it bad or just poping mine does it too. could be loud cuz ur just running a down pipe

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
alright sweet man thanks for that. as for the misfiring I would call it minimal but it still concerns me a little bit. I'll see if I can post a video later today.

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
you might have small cracks in your coils, check them and then clear nailpolish the cracks, then make sure you gap your plugs right, about 32 will work at that psi. if that dont work check for spark on each one by disconnecting coils one by one and listen for change, then do the injectors the same way

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
thanks aphxero. I think that is probably exactly what it is. I'll hopefully get my exhaust all welded up some time this week so hopefully that should fix everything. thanks once again everybody for your speed and intuition in helping me figure out my problem.

Ryan_V

Mar 1, 2009
Austin
Check the coil wiring at the connectors real closely and pull back the sheathing to check for cracked wires.