finally got tthe new engine in. misses bad

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
alright guys quick update, just went to pick up some new plugs and it ran awesome for about 3 min. i did a few wot pulls on the highway and it didnt cut at all. its also 40 degrees out here in mn, under wot the aem afr gauge is still pegged at 10.0. idle and crusie afr is 14.5-15.5 which seams a little lean. and obviously im lean on wot. but it would seam engine temp is playing a role here. my guage is reading a little under half for engine temp. im gonna put the new plugs in now then ill report back.

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
i ment cruise and idle is lean. and wot is pegged at 10 so that means its in the 9s at wot. old plugs were way outt spec for gap .045-.052 i gaped the new ones at .032. jus started it up and let it idle, ran good for about a min then developed a very small miss. but the miss gets worse as it gets hotter. me and a buddy did a couple freeway pulls earlyer. heres one of the vids, you can hear the misfires off launch and even after. its fine if i just keep it half throttle or less though which i was doin most of the time.

[video]http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae194/mnracer550/?action=view&current=SDV_0417.mp4[/video]

Last edited:

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
juat took it for a spin today, the new plugs took care of everything acceleation related. it now revs and boosts freely. but somehow the miss got worse. there is absolutly no miss under acceleration but crusing there is a light miss and idling there is also a decent miss. afrs and crusie or idle ar 14.5-15 then it mises it quick dips toto the 15s then back up. im gonna try wires tonight

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Have you done the igniter mod?
Not sure if it'll cure the miss, but some folks have reported good results.
I have a slight miss at idle, like one cylinder takes a break every 3 seconds for one event, but it's not enought to concern me, and it doesn't
afftect cruise or performance, just at idle.

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
yea at cruise its not to bad. hardly noticeable. i just hope what ever it is, is also causing ym rich wot. im know im losing a decengt a mout of power with afr in the nines. but ill do a little reasearch on that ignitor mod and try it out. thanks for the info. gotta get it runnin so i can hit the track. have a bet with my buddy that im gonna whoop his 01 bolt-ons mustang gt this weekend