finally got a DD

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
...bout damn time! Now all the money going to keep one car on the road is going to keep another car on the road, but instead of parts and tools it's insurance and payments.

anyway, it's an 03 Lancer...kind of sporty, and I don't really see any need to drive it fast because, well, it isn't fast haha. 5spd, all the standard creature comfort goodies, OZ rims, and complimentary torque steer when you let the clutch out too quickly. It has 64K on it and I picked it up for 11 bills...not too bad, but considering I actually like driving it I'm happy with paying that. Only thing is insurance is going to bend me over I know...17 year old on full coverage in a newer japanese sportscar (according to the insurance at least), yeah that'll go over real well.

Now I'm just trying to decide whether to pay it off really quick or pool some money into mods for the supra. I know what the wise thing to do is, but damn it's tempting.

...and a picture from my phone, at the dealer. The short little woman next to it is my mom haha.

063006174816gr.jpg

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
make 1 minimum payment, then pay it off as fast as you can, is this cosigned??? or are you only using it on your parents credit. etiher way pay it off as fast as you can. Debt is not a good thing but making a few minimum payments will make companies think your more likely to make them money on interest.

btw nice car, i contemplated getting the same car with my dad before i got my supe.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I would have had it cosigned, but we were prettymuch told there was no way in hell I could do that with no credit to begin with....which is something I really have to work on....so it's in my parent's name. I'm still probably going to pay it off as quick as I can though, $5500 in interest doesn't sound all that pleasing to the wallet, plus I've played the debt game before and I hate it.

So far I'm really liking it, it's everything the supra wasn't really...and that's what I need for a get to work or hang with friends car. Plus it has a good sized backseat when the front ones are pushed up.....only took me 2 days to figure that one out ROFL!

edit: and apparently after looking into it a little, I get the OZ package too. Nice to know I got the second to best option package, with the next one being of course the EVO. I thought it was a base model at first but all the interior parts, rims, etc... seem to match up to the OZ description. YAY for me!

Last edited: