Finally back at it. Need some insight on some ideas.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
I've got some rust in the spare tire area. Nothing major.. but I don't ever carry a spare tire. With that being said, I'm contemplating cutting that whole rear pan out and replacing it with some new steel.

Would something like this even be possible? Would it ruin the structural integrity of the rear of my car?

I plan on building a battery box down in the steel to support the gas tank. Any tips or insight would help a lot.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Supraguy7M;2038197 said:
I've got some rust in the spare tire area. Nothing major.. but I don't ever carry a spare tire. With that being said, I'm contemplating cutting that whole rear pan out and replacing it with some new steel.

Would something like this even be possible? Would it ruin the structural integrity of the rear of my car?

I plan on building a battery box down in the steel to support the gas tank. Any tips or insight would help a lot.

Well. IDK about structural integrity, but. Its been done on DSM's before. Here is a link.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/spare-tire-area-replace-with-sheetmetal.228891/

Ive seen it done for a fuel cell fabrication.......along with a battery install.