figured out one issue and ended with another...

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
So as a little background, I've had issues with my timing, figured out its all ignition and now its running much better.. better dosent mean right...

Its popping like its missing.. it does sort of clean out, but it still misses. Do you think where I mounted ny igniter is an issue? (Down up against my intake manifold, mounted to it) ill post pictures later possibly. Its grounded but like I said, its bolted to the intake. Thanks again guys.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
More like a miss, only backfires very seldom. It isn't severe, just a pop.

Its a miss for sure. Ignitions on the spot with a timing light and jumpered. I'm not sure how sensitive the igniter is. And if it would cause the miss.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
It idles at 1000rpms. Now that I smoothed out the idle I can drop it a bit. It misses every 10-15sec at idle, the miss gets closer in time but no more pronounced then at idle all the way to 3,500rpms. Once I get past 3,500rpms, the miss gets much further apart time wise. Could it b where I mounted my igniter? I never had a miss before the rebuild, and it had a bhg..

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Erm, the idle screw is preset from the factory. Touching that is a no no. Second, the igniter needs a good ground because it grounds through the case itself. Third, most multiplex systems will miss or pop at idle, granted some don't but most do.

Since you're having troubles after idle, check your plugs and check their gap, should be set at .032.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
IndigoMKII;1958651 said:
Erm, the idle screw is preset from the factory. Touching that is a no no. Second, the igniter needs a good ground because it grounds through the case itself. Third, most multiplex systems will miss or pop at idle, granted some don't but most do.

Since you're having troubles after idle, check your plugs and check their gap, should be set at .032.

Yep, adjustment screw you don't want to touch. When adjusting the idle you mess with timing, afr, and tps but never the asjustment screw. You may want try and get it back to where it was from the factory and ground your igniter, check plug gap and then see where you are.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
I just bought new plugs, they are pre gap plugs so I left them. My dad messed with the screw, I don't even know what its set at from the factory (how many turns in or out)as for the igniter, I have it grounded thru the harness grounds that go to my intake from the factory. Could it just b more timing related? My idle still has a small lope to it, so I know I need to reduce overlap more.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Supraguy7M;1958676 said:
I just bought new plugs, they are pre gap plugs so I left them. My dad messed with the screw, I don't even know what its set at from the factory (how many turns in or out)as for the igniter, I have it grounded thru the harness grounds that go to my intake from the factory. Could it just b more timing related? My idle still has a small lope to it, so I know I need to reduce overlap more.

I've never ever had a set of pre-gap plugs that are the correct gap. Last 'pre-gap' plug I got for the car was set at .048"