Fidenza clutch?

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
Fidanza makes flywheels, not clutch kits. You've been a member long enough to know about the search feature, use it and find hundreds of results/opinions on clutches and flywheels.

RTtim

Mar 7, 2011
lake isabella
I did do a search, that is why I am now asking. You do a search and tell me if you can find a topic on fidenza clutch kits, you won't have any luck. Browsing the Internet I did find a fidenza 4.3 clutch kit for not to bad of a price and that is why I was asking if any one has used one or just knows if someone.

Also, if any one has by chance had any good luck with some of the typical eBay sold clutches could you give me some current feedback. I need a clutch real soon and would love to buy a real good one but unless someone here can tell me where I can find an act clutch or any good one with out spending 450-500$ I am gonna have to buy a cheap one and take my chances. Thanks everyone.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Nothing wrong with asking.

I have seen this question come up and the usuall answer is just buy a act or something similar. I dont think anyone that posts has really used one. Also if its 500$ you can get a act for that.

Personally i like my dm kit with the 6 puck and 2800lb pressure plate. Its not that stiff just have to give it a little rev in first and off you go. Super easy after that.

How much power are you putting down or expecting to?

Stock clutches are about 220 with bearings and all from champion or elmhurst toyota on sf.

RTtim

Mar 7, 2011
lake isabella
I have no idea how much power I am making right now. I had the boost on the stock turbo at 12psi until the clutch started slipping. I have a goal of a minimum 350 at the wheels. I want to hit 400 hp at the wheels tho.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
you can use a stock clutch. A stock disc with an upgraded pp. upgraded disc and pp.

If its a dd car id use the stock disc with upgraded pp. Or if you dont mind use a 6 puck. 6 pucks arent the most dd friendly tho.

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
You are correct, my apologies. I haven't frequented the forums much the last few years, and Fidanza making clutch kits is news to me. I was also on my way to bed and a little grumpier than usual.

I assume you both mean fidAnza, I did not find a fidEnza ?
I agree with the uprgraded PP with a stock disk.

I had ran a act hd PP + stock disc + stock flywheel and it was a good combo,a little heavier pedal but smooth as stock. ACT rates the act hd kit for the 7mgte at something like 408 ft-lbs with their full face disc and I think 520 ish with the 6 puck.
I`m getting ready to put a built engine in after summer and bought an act extreme PP. With a stock disc it`s rated " 532 ft-lbs.
I still haven`t driven a puck style clutch but talking to a few people I know who have it`s more like a switch and can be a hassle in traffic, I personally would rather have a heavy pedal.
like most people I`m sure you could get used to it, But a puck style clutch is not at all necessary at the power levels you`re looking for.