FFIM with stock TB

Tripnip

Apr 5, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Those of you who have gone FFIM and still use the stock TB, how did you set up your TB linkage? I have a long enough throttle cable but the TB needs to be pushed instead of pulled to open. Wat did you guys do to fix this?

Tripnip

Apr 5, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Justin727 said:
if you buy one of RR's FFIM if you send him your throttle cable he'll modify it for ya

I actualy do have a RR FFIM Long Runner, i have the cable the problem is the cable pulls the TB open but the action on the TB is a push type. On the stock manifold the throttle linkage is in the intake side and cross across the top of the engine where it connects to a linkage, This is set up so when the trottle cable is pulled it pulls a bar in the oppisite direction that opens the TB. Without this now i have just a single trottle cable from the firewall (the one i got from Ron) but in order to open the TB it needs to be pushed not pulled. I hope that made sense!

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
using the jdm throttle body makes it a piece of cake. if u have a jdm importer around you call and ask them if you can swap your throttle with one of the throttle bodies on a jdm engine they have there. they dont have a problem with that here in ny. just ask, you never know.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
p460033_1.jpg