FFIM question.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
I would like to get a front facing intake for my 7m. I have seen one on ebay a couple of time that looks alot like a RR short runner mani, but I've heard that it requires modification and is not a bolt on install. It is also quite expensive at $1,000 and, as far as I can tell, has no provision for a stock ISC or EGR. Does any one have anything good/ bad to say about this one? I have seen a few pics of 7m engines with what looked like a 1jz intake mani attached. Is this possible to do? IIRC, the intake ports on a 1j head are different shape than on a 7m. Input from anyone that has done either one of these manifolds would be appreciated.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
hvyman;1602712 said:

Wow!!! That looks like my best option right there! medium runner ffim that keeps the AC? plain sick !Looks like it's time to start saving. Thanks for the link!

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

mad0314;1602698 said:
There's this one http://www.suprasport.com/LIPP-Front-Facing-Intake-Manifold_p_5506.html
Also pricey but has a lot of options for whatever you want. I don't have it so i can't say anything about the fit or quality, just posting a link.

For the 1j to fit, I believe it has to be cut halfway down the runners and welded to the 7m manifold so it can bolt up to the head. Alternator has to be moved a bit with either one I think.

thanks for the answer on the 1j manifold, mad0314. I half way figured that, but I thought I would get a second opinion from someone who had done it or knew of someone doing it.