ffim finally coated

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
got an ffim from sethron a while back, had it ceramic coated by evan's (procryo.com) they took a bit longer to get it done, but worth the wait.

before:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

coated:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the picture was with the flash and it makes it look tinted more gold than it is in person. it was coated in titanium color, which looks pretty slick. will be getting everything else on the engine and pipes coated in the same tone.

also one thing i never seen before was the rods turn a golden/brown color after getting cryo'd.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

they were grey before lol, and they also did a great job on dfl'ing the bearings, no blemishes on the surface at all

<edit> now we can finally get the motor back together..... after 4 months from tear down lol

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
figgie;1079547 said:
Contrast... same color everything. Not so contrasting ;)

yeah, i think it'll look good with everything black that can be (without going overboard) and the parts that need it getting this same color coating. the fmic and hot side turbo pipes will be TLTD'd so they'll be black too

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
MK3Brent;1079685 said:
Looks like the same design he made me.
Have anymore pics?

this thing looks like it's painted gold with the camera flash :biglaugh: i'll get some tomorrow in the sunlight, for you