Few side skirt questions

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Been searching around a little for some side skirts to throw on over the winter. I found a few different ones that look alright, but wanted to get a better idea of what all is involved in the install for these things. I'm sure some are better quality, and have better fitment than others.

For the guys that have em, can you share a little bit on which ones you have, and how the installation went? WOndering if they bolt up underneath the carriage, over the door sill, if they go over the stock skirts, or if you remove the stock skirts and they go there...things like that.

If there is already a good thread that goes over some of this please direct me thataway, couldnt find much.

Thanks

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I have the Shine Bomex replicas.

They generally dont fit very well, but for the money they are just fine. You have to trim them and fit them to the car before painting and attaching them to make sure they are good to go. I adjusted mine solely with a zip-disk and some sandpaper.

You can attach them in a ton of different ways, but I ended up using pop rivets and clear caulking to attach mine by the door sills, and I used self tapping screws at the front and the rear inside the wheelwells. You don't have to remove anything aside from the front mudflap assembly, and after that they fit over the stock body just fine.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Thanks for chiming in Dylan, that's what I was looking for. I do like the bomex style skirts too, nice and simple and look good.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Low profile steel 2.5 ton here, and my car is fairly low.. It barely gets under the diff, but it has about 2" or so of clearance to the jacking points up front.