few questions i have about installing my amp

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
what are the orange unconnected wires in the head unit/cd player?

where should the remote wire be connected to on the head unit?

the remote wire is a light blue color should it be connected to the same color wire in the back of the head unit? the wire thats on the back of the headunit is the same color wire as the remote has a fuse holder. is it the remote wire im looking for?

^^^^^may be confusing to some maybe not???

btw can i ground some where in the tire well?

Last edited:

mclabaugh

suprastuntin
Nov 29, 2006
houston, tx
beachsupra;1090622 said:
what are the orange unconnected wires in the head unit/cd player?

where should the remote wire be connected to on the head unit?

the remote wire is a light blue color should it be connected to the same color wire in the back of the head unit? the wire thats on the back of the headunit is the same color wire as the remote has a fuse holder. is it the remote wire im looking for?

^^^^^may be confusing to some maybe not???

btw can i ground some where in the tire well?

iirc the orange is memory. (like settings and CD track #'s) the remote wire is blue on the back of the head unit. and it is better to have a fuse inline with the remote. so if the remote wire get overpowered it won't smoke the amp.
you can ground almost anywhere. try the rear seat frame. it's pretty solid!

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Orange is illumination/dimmer
blue is antenna NOT REMOTE TURN ON
blue with white is remote turn on

where ever you ground it make sure you get some sandpaper and get down to bare metal. when you secure the ground make sure the terminal (yes, make sure you use a ring terminal) won't move at all.

These are the standard wire colors employed by any company who makes a radio that is worth a shit (and some who don't). If your radio is some off brand bullshit then those wire colors may not match up and you're on your own.