fender Tubbs???

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
has anyone tubbed the front end of thier car?
im looking to do this to take care of some developing rust issues
also is it possible (safe lol) to just cut the metal away and run it open like the rx7 or frs?
pics welcome

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
havent seen it in person but a few pictures around here of a tubbed front end.
just curious why you would want to just cut out your fenderwell (if thats what your talking about) and leave it.

your shocks connect to your fenderwells on the top, and right below that your sub frame is bolted down. it wouldnt be safe at all

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
you dont cut out the whole thing just the front piece so the tires dont hit at full lock when you are sitting low. so just the area where the battery and fuse box sit (obviously you must relocate them lol)
as for why, the shell i got is rusted out in that area so im looking for possible solutions
also the fender liners still cover from the bottom

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
AbsoluteSpeed;2015577 said:
See the first post in this thread for pics: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...game-1990-GTE-Targa-gt-Sloppy-Cruiser-Racecar.

Not the cleanest (sorry Donnie) but they are tubbed.

It is completely unnecessary on a mkiii. Unless you redesign the steering, you will not get enough lock to rub the tire on the inner fender. Save yourself a LOT of trouble, just patch the rust spots.

thanks for the link, my car sits pretty low and i have re designed the steering quite a bit. manual rack with spacers it hits and rubs on compression. im also in the process of making a set of steering knuckles that correct the steering geometry while my car is so low