FCON or Profec B? 15psi problems

Supra_32

Dec 8, 2014
Hey guys,

So to start I bought my car with an old style Profec B 1 with push in dials. The original owner had the mild and sharp set in the middle, and low boost set around 12psi. He had the hi boost set at 0?? Dunno why.

I purchased a f con with a gcc and all appropriate harnesses.
The harness that came with the f con was slightly bent but whoever rebuilt this engine was an idiot and pulled the whole engine harness through the glove box on a poor angle. So basically all my wiring harness to the Ecu and f con are bent.
The car doesn't like starting ever since the f con. Dial is set for 6. 4 makes no difference (read that's a good place to start)... Anyways gcc plugs in no issues. Btw, I have push button start no idea how it was wired in. Like I said it's not an issue on regular Ecu without f con connected.

When I take off the f con and plug back the Ecu to the main harness the car fires up no problem.
So must be a poor connection on one of these wires? On this jumper harness to f con?
It's all direct plug in.

Anyways, so when I fiddle around with the wiring and get the car started with the f con plugged in, it doesn't seem to have made a difference, in regards to adding power or letting me hit 15psi without issues.

Reading up I'm still figuring out the settings on this Profec b. Everyone seems to have the spec 2 not this early style.

The car does not like 15psi which I thought would be fine with the f con adding extra fuel.
The car in low boost mode on the controller will hit 12+psi no problem. But when I switch it to hi boost, as soon as I boost 15psi the engine light comes on and I get a big slam!! And boost drops all off.

Mild and sharp does not make a difference at all.

Any suggestions guys? I should never have bought this f con but I hope I can make all this work and sell the car.

.57 trim, 3 inch intake/exhaust/intercooler, f con e105v chip and gcc, Greddy Profec b spec 1 boost controller

Supra_32

Dec 8, 2014
Ok. I just hope this f con is working properly. Is it not supposed to give you 15psi? And I am talking about the harness that connects my Ecu to the f con.