FCON and GCC + A/F tuning for newb

Supra_32

Dec 8, 2014
Hey guys,

Been researching lots but was wondering what was the best way to tune my 7m with a Fcon and gcc.

I have a FJO old school Wideband and a E105v chip in the f con with a gcc harness.

I've read that you start with the 1-9 wheel inside the f con and then fine adjust with the gcc? Is this during boost? Do I go by a/f numbers? What should I look for? Then adjust with gcc?

What a/f numbers am I looking overall?
Is this only during boost? I don't have to touch anything for idle/cruising speed? Apparently ecu can automatically adjust idle?

What's a good rpm/boost level to do this at safely? Just have open roads no dyno available in my area.

Car has greddy profec2 boost controller, greddy bov, .57 trim with BIG intercooler, HKS honey comb filter, 3 inch intake and exhaust, divorced downpipe. Replaced headgasket and studs. Apparently without fuel mods and prior to these piggybacks it made 430hp. But I don't believe it lol. On stock injectors and ecu haha.

Anyways trying to learn as much as I can about tuning (hence getting these old hks piggybacks to start off with).

Any help much appreciated!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Supra_32;2044309 said:
Car has greddy profec2 boost controller, greddy bov, .57 trim with BIG intercooler, HKS honey comb filter, 3 inch intake and exhaust, divorced downpipe. Replaced headgasket and studs. Apparently without fuel mods and prior to these piggybacks it made 430hp. But I don't believe it lol.

Good, because it won't. And that is with the bolt on upgraded Sport Turbo. They dyno shows good power, but 430 good.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
My old set up was FCON, HKS sport turbo, HKS down pipe and exhaust and FCD. Stock injectors and air filter setup. With 14 psi and 100 octane fuel in would run 107mph in the quarter mile. Race weight with me and all stuff in car was 3940lbs. This makes it about 360 hp according to slide charts.

Every day max boost was 13psi. went 100k miles with this set up

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
super51fan;2045081 said:
My old set up was FCON, HKS sport turbo, HKS down pipe and exhaust and FCD. Stock injectors and air filter setup. With 14 psi and 100 octane fuel in would run 107mph in the quarter mile. Race weight with me and all stuff in car was 3940lbs. This makes it about 360 hp according to slide charts.

I went 105.56 with the A340e and my Boss Jr which has a smaller turbine and A/R. If you use the actual formula and a calculator you will find it a little higher. Mine is 366. Your numbers seem right on to me.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
For a small fee, you can use the stock tune while raising fuel cut from the oversized 1UZ-FE air flow meter. That is what I would do if I was you. But it is your money.

Supra_32

Dec 8, 2014
Yes, but I chose to go with the oldschool piggy backs instead. I might just get a larger chip for the f con when the time comes for bigger injectors.