fastest n/a 1/4 mile time

the_ice_man

Dec 28, 2006
london uk
hi new member here just wondering wat ppl are running over the pond with there n/a managed to get mine down to a 13.59 with the clutch hanging between gears .andrew

87NAredneck

Laughing Gas Man
Dec 29, 2006
Dallas, Tx
Dont know about the 1/4 but in the 1/8 mile i run 8.5 all night long, the only 1/4 track is like a 3 hour drive instead of the 30min drive to the 1/8 so no 1/4 time for me. I know theres some kind of table to guess the 1/4 but i dont know it

the_ice_man

Dec 28, 2006
london uk
87NAredneck said:
Dont know about the 1/4 but in the 1/8 mile i run 8.5 all night long, the only 1/4 track is like a 3 hour drive instead of the 30min drive to the 1/8 so no 1/4 time for me. I know theres some kind of table to guess the 1/4 but i dont know it

man thats fast that low 13 terortory wat u done to ur car . wats ur 60ft time

87NAredneck

Laughing Gas Man
Dec 29, 2006
Dallas, Tx
the_ice_man said:
man thats fast that low 13 terortory wat u done to ur car . wats ur 60ft time
Right now iVe got a 7mge thats in a 1000 peices getting ready for anyther build up i blew the bottem end up. Trying to get it rdy for the track again this summer.

Forged Pistons,decked,Honed, modified head a set of nitrious cams 150 shot DPN and a few other little things

I love losing the first race then blowing the doors off them second time. then watching there puzzeld looks trying to figure out how a str 6 but there big bad v8

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Some guy who had an 86.5 N/A 5 speed with intake/stock mk3 turbo exhaust ran a 14.9 if I recall correctly, and the stock mk3 turbo exhaust isn't the most free flowing compared to those other custom made/aftermarket ones.

87NAredneck

Laughing Gas Man
Dec 29, 2006
Dallas, Tx
ya its got a 150 shot DPN setup how are yall figureing times from 1/8 to 1/4 like i said before im not driving 3 hours just to get a time

I was going to redo all the gears and susp. but instead i got to redo the bottem end . if anyone happens to have a 7mge that they arent useing or want send me an e-mail

Last edited:

the_ice_man

Dec 28, 2006
london uk
do u run that 150 in one hit or on a contoler im runing bout 100 in the 1st system and 30 hp in the second on standard pistons l think they gonna crack soon as for the quater mile guessing i used this http://www.timmcamis.com/estimate_quart.html
wat 60ft u running hmmmm got a challange now no plays with na over the pond im on ma own

nitrous cam explain and were did u get them from

87NAredneck

Laughing Gas Man
Dec 29, 2006
Dallas, Tx
Ill have to find my time-slips and check the 60ft ya its all in one burst thers not enough time realy to do a duel stage setup in the 1/8 mile thers supposed to be a 1/4 track opening sometime next year about 30min from my house. When they open it i my try to do a duel stage just to see what happens.

A nitrous cam is designed to work better with nitrous, its just like the N/A cams are diff. then the turbo cams. there just designed to help controll the nitrous a little better. ill look around to see if i can find the specs on it we had it milled at a local shop.

I grew up drag racing so im trying to combine what ive learned from the v8's and put it on the strait 6. so far its working out just fine. The only thing is here in texas if i get pulled over and my bottles are open i can get a big ass fine sooooo. its harder to play around on the streets with it.

the_ice_man

Dec 28, 2006
london uk
ive been looking for some cams for wile not been able to find much really my dad did the tunning on my soop we also run a pro mod car ova hear in england do u do retard the timming with the nitrous. i run the msd because its got retartds on it can run big timming on the street this way really good piece of kit when u get it to work
been texas before went to red river raceway shreveport.

87NAredneck

Laughing Gas Man
Dec 29, 2006
Dallas, Tx
The guys at your local track will probly be the best bet for info on nitrous plus they can show you what there talking about. Ive got a full msd ignition so it retards it for me. Im wanting to get a remote bottle opener for when im on the streets but ive got other things ive got to do first.

87NAredneck

Laughing Gas Man
Dec 29, 2006
Dallas, Tx
the_ice_man said:
dont know watbottle pressure u run i get mine up to 1000-1100 before a pass

I try to keep mine around 1100, but it depends if i remember my blanket or not. Its hard cause i try not to open the hatch or the hood at the track so not to let on everything ive got, what kind of purge system you useing