Fake / Replica HKS SSQV3 and why!!!

Eman14j

O help me, Oprah Winfrey!
Nov 7, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
Writen to someone so the wording may be a little odd but no I'm not talking to you ;)

Listed with pictures of your blow off valve.

The HKS badge is not authentic it is a plastic label attached with double sided tape. Also you'll see offsets

If you can pop it off with your thumb nail.... ummmmmmm its fake

p1832650_1.jpg

p1832650_2.jpg

p1832650_3.jpg

Look inside at the plunger. It should be embossed with "sequential blow off valve" Hard to get a good picture but it was there so real good fake. if your looking at it you know that shit is not HKS standard. Real good attempt though ;) lol
p1832650_4.jpg

p1832650_5.jpg

There should be a HKS hologram on the back... I was surprised this one had it so obviously there working a little harder to fake these items but this is still a fake.
p1832650_6.jpg

I also have pictures of the fake box and items inside (the way they came bagged and BOV was in bubble wrap and the real one does not come with flange) vs the real HKS SSQV3 (that is wrapped in foam, also instructions are stapled and does not come with flange, and the boxes labels are printed slightly different)

Staples in real paper work. not sure if its like that in all but the real one at the shop had staples
p1832650_7.jpg

p1832650_8.jpg

p1832650_9.jpg

p1832650_10.jpg

Real BOV inner box (on the right) had a label on it.
p1832650_11.jpg

Real BOV items (on the right) has a sealed bag that the items came in also did not come with flange. Also note the fake snap ring not being stainless steel and not having a tapered edge.
p1832650_12.jpg

Boxes even look different. look real close notice the labeling. I mean really close you will start to notice the differences (Real box on the right)
p1832650_13.jpg

p1832650_14.jpg

In Conclusion.
One of the best fakes I have ever seen. Biggest give away was the snap ring not being stainless steel and not having a tapered edge. Also there was only one solid piece piston when the real one has a dual piston setup. The real one also does NOT have the HKS logos held on with double sided tape.

Eman14j

O help me, Oprah Winfrey!
Nov 7, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
YOUGOTSPOOLED is the reason this thread was made. I have now left him bad feedback due to lack of response. Thank god paypal understood his actions and refunded. Below is what I wrote along with the negative feedback.

I purchased a HKS SSQV3 bov from him 4 april 2012. After received I could immediately tell it was fake. I made this thread because of this boy.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?158474-Fake-Replica-HKS-SSQV3-and-why!!!

I tried to get him to refund me and never got a response that was a step forward till paypal pulled the money out of his account. The only other group of people who respond to only things getting taken away are children. I have lost all respect for this member. I feel he still owes me the $20.56 for ups shipping but I don't want the money now. I want everyone to know the bs I had to deal with because of his lying thieving ass. I will attach his name to the thread I made. He is the reason it was made. If you need any proof of this disaster I can give a time line of our correspondence along with paypal emails.

it took from 4 april to 1 june for paypal to refund me. The best part is during the while ordeal he tried to get me to cancel the dispute so he could just refund me himself. Lol conniving boy

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
When I sold this HKS blow off valve I was unaware it was a replica. Quote from Eman14j "I purchased a HKS SSQV3 bov from him 4 april 2012. After received I could immediately tell it was fake. I made this thread because of this boy." So this brings up the question if he knew so much about this BOV and how to tell if it was real or a replica he did not quiz me and/or ask me for more pictures before sealimg the deal.

For your information PAYPAL was not the one who issued a refund to the buyer, I did. I had to call paypal in order to have a refund issued becuase since the claim was beign reviewed by the paypal team I was unable to issue a refund to the buyer (which is why I brought up the idea of closing the claim so I could issue the refund).

Here is something else he forgot to mention to all the fine Supramania members on here. Since I was having trouble getting it shipped out in a timely manner I sent him a SS braided powersteering hose (the one driftmotion sells) for NO CHARGE. He got a full refund MINUS shipping because he did not return the SS braided powersteering hose I sent him. So if you feel I owe you $20 for shipping mail me my power steering hose back and you can have your shipping refund. It was part of the deal that you would send me the power steering hose back with the blow off valve which you did not. That was your choice not mine. Thats a $60 hose in return for shipping. I think you got the good end of the deal on that one.

Leave out the little things to make you look like the victim. You got your money and a powersteering hose. I got negative feedback and a thread about me scamming people.