Failed Emissions Need Help/White smoke

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Hey guys, really need help trying to solve a problem I just cant get a grasp of... I am beat.. Every time I start my car I get white smoke from my exhaust... Sometimes more than others... I was also blowing white smoke when the car would start to run but it would fade away... Three days ago I failed my inspection and was 100% sure it was my old O2 sensor... So I changed it and instead I failed again worst, the white smoke did go away (I believe)while driving but it is still there when I start my car... I have a new turbo, rebuilt block, mhg, rebuilt head, no codes... Help?

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I have the same problem.If my car sits for a day or two,i'll get white smoke on start-up.It disapates and goes away.I'm not losing any water,no milk shake under the oil cap!
I think it might be my valve stem seals,as I barely passed smog on mine.

stonecoretx

Dec 21, 2009
Texas
I've accepted the fact that my car wont pass inspection...ever....it'd be funny to have it done in California just to see the look on the dudes face. I have somewhat the same "problem" . usually when my supra hasn't been stated in a day or two white smoke will come out...kinda alot but after a few revs and it catches idle it's stops. my car produces about 400 Hydrocarbon's when the legal limit is like 120 or something lol most of it is due to the fact that my EGR system is non-existant becuase I switched my head with a JDM-spec one during the MHG. little did I know that the JDM versions ARE NOT equiped with an EGR valve or modulator, unless you install one yourself or bypass with block-off plates. causing it to not only run richer and hotter becuase the exuast gasses aren't recirculated back into the head, and on top of that i belive the previous owner hallowed out the cataletic converter so it's just free flowing ozone depleting gasses out the exhaust. I was thinking about installing the EGR system on my car but i've noticed that most people delete their EGR systems anyway. another thing to keep in mind is I belive our cars have a "EVAP charcoal canisters" from factory, it helps to make sure yours is in working condition.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Poodles;1613621 said:
Might help if we knew the numbers from the emission test...
Will post them very soon.... :D....

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

StonecoreTx... I have no idea if my charcoal canister is working fine... Must be a way to check it right? The car idles fine, oil level/oil pressure is fine, no codes, car runs fine, no overheating.... I am mostly worried to mess something up later on down the line but it cant be normal for this car to smoke like that... Maybe I'll take a vid of it :D....

stonecoretx

Dec 21, 2009
Texas
could be a number of things, EGR,PCV,EVAP,dash pot/VTV valve,cat,EFI components or . as for the evap canister you have to blow low compressed air through it. I mention it becuase mine was bad and like I said eairler was high in HC's, a new canister droped it alot along with degunking the PCV and a newer aftermarket cat.

here is a link to inspect evap canister, : http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=EC&P=7
you'll find everything about emissions control in that section.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Thanks Alot Stone, I'm off to church.... When I get back I start looking for what went wrong as well as posting a scan image of my fail...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Poodles;1613621 said:
Might help if we knew the numbers from the emission test...

You mean you don't have a crystal ball?

stonecoretx;1613626 said:
usually when my supra hasn't been stated in a day or two white smoke will come out...

Valve seals.

my car produces about 400 Hydrocarbon's when the legal limit is like 120 or something lol most of it is due to the fact that my EGR system is non-existant

This is not correct. EGR lowers combustion temps and lowering NOx.

i belive the previous owner hallowed out the cataletic converter so it's just free flowing

This is why you are at 400. Unless there is more information you have not given us, or is incorrect.

ozone depleting gasses out the exhaust.

Uh, that is R-12. And while it does break up O3, so does sunlight. I am not going to get it into that, it is political.

another thing to keep in mind is I belive our cars have a "EVAP charcoal canisters" from factory, it helps to make sure yours is in working condition.

All cars sold new in the US have one, and have had it by law, for a long long time.