factory alarm problem...help please

supraLou22

Apr 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
i just bought an 87 mk3. i have no owners manual for it. i looked at it a couple of times before i bought it and it started right up no alarms. Previous owner added a alarm system, car was broken into so they robded the radio but the alarm kill switch was cut.Previous owner said he disconnected the alarm systembut wires were still there.......
Now the car wont start.When i turn the key i get a beeping noise,horn goes off, and headlights pop up and start to flash.What can i do to get my car started?please help thanks Lou

Supraguy88t

DFWSupras
Apr 5, 2005
Dallas, TX
does the alarm go off when you open the ignition switch? if it does then it is a factory alarm problem. You just need to disarm it with your key in either door by unlocking it or disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. If it doesn't go off with the ignition switch on then then it's the aftermarket alarm and you need to completely remove it to see if that is the issue.

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
supraLou22;1007147 said:
i just bought an 87 mk3. i have no owners manual for it. i looked at it a couple of times before i bought it and it started right up no alarms. Previous owner added a alarm system, car was broken into so they robded the radio but the alarm kill switch was cut.Previous owner said he disconnected the alarm systembut wires were still there.......
Now the car wont start.When i turn the key i get a beeping noise,horn goes off, and headlights pop up and start to flash.What can i do to get my car started?please help thanks Lou

Lower the windows, shut the doors, go to the passenger door, with the key in the passenger door unlock it twice, then unlock it again. Now try and start it.

If that did not work start here:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=BE&P=87

Good luck. :icon_bigg

_

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
If it turned at all you are good to go. I had the same thing happen yesterday morning. My car never had an alarm installed, just the factory one. The doors locks don't work unless you turn the key on either door seperately. But the ECU reads that the doors are locked. I didn't think about it and went to open the drivers door, it opened and the car went ape shit. Put the key in and it went quiet, nothing, not click no sign of life. I figured it was the stock alarm. I opened the hood to unhook and rehook the battery. When I hooked it up again it starts back with its fit honking and flashing, with my ear right next to the horn. Just on a whim I went and locked and unlocked the passenger door a few times, got in and everything was fine.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
If you have an after market alarm, your best bet is do disable the factory alarm by removing the theft deterrent computer and jumping pin 5 to pin 13 to provide a constant ground to the starter relay. The theft connector is connector A on the image below.
Main_125.gif