F40, 430, SLR, Gallardo, Mercialago, vs Supra

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I really wish I had pictures to prove this happened, but anyway. I was cruising southbound on Mcleod Trail in Calgary, heading out to Okotoks to drop off my little brother and his girlfriend (so two extra people in the car). It's around 7:15am Sunday morning (yesterday) and the place is dead... and out of nowhere, an F40 blows by my like hell is on his heels, which I assumed it was so I dropped two gears and caught up to him to confirm I had just seen an F40.

And yes, the shopping cart spoiler and trademark red and the prancing horse, unmistakeably an F40. At the very same moment of the epiphany of confirming the existance of the legendary F40, a Gallardo eases by me on my left, as though 240km/hr is no small task (which it isn't for a lambo, lol). I'm probably doing about 220 at this point, on 7psi.

When I saw the Farrari 430 rolling in behind the Gallardo I came to the realization that I should look in my rear view mirror... and there was a Mercades Mclaren SLR :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

They were cool and let me roll with them around 200km/hr until the okotoks turn off, where I got stuck in the right lane and they started whipping by on the left. I managed to get back into the pack, second from last, but the last car decided he did not want to follow a Supra, and passed me (I was doing about 225-235). I had nothing to say about it, lol. No contest... I was in 5th gear foot on the floor, and was totally outclassed by the Italian might.

It was an experience for sure. The exotics were from ZR Auto here in Calgary, probably on a cruise out to somewhere, maybe to Van or something.

It was just damn cool. But, I was wishing I had Nate's engine under my hood to show 'em the 7M-GTE powah! :biglaugh: It really was a humbling experience to see firsthand just how fast these cars really are.

It's not everyday that a few million dollars worth of cars passes you on the highway, lol. As dissapointing as it may seem, there was likely an Enzo in the pack, but he probably snuck past while my attention was on the road, and I didn't recognize it from the back end :cry: ZR Auto has the only Enzo in Canada west of Ontario. It's fairly unlikely they'd be on a cruise without it.

deranged

1988 Turbo Supra
Jul 15, 2007
TN
We have about 3 gallardos around here and one murcielago. The silver gallardo is a guy with an ego. When my car was running right I kept up with him pretty good. It was amusing to see him keep looking over and seeing me.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
starscream5000 said:
Damn, man, I don't believe this until I see pictures or further proof! ;)

I figured going for my phone at over 200kph would be a quick way to get in some high speed offroading experience... which wouldn't be very cool... at all. Wish I had pics though, or something, anything... Maybe if I'm lucky ZR Auto will have pics of my Supra in their tour gallery; "that punk kid in his toyota" or something to that effect.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Ckanderson said:
too bad you arnt driving a faster car. that would have been very sweet to race one and win.
You say that like it would be such an easy thing to do, LOL.