Exhaust Piping for N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA7MGE

Apr 21, 2007
Virgina Beach
i plan on getting a new exhaust but most of the ones out there are for turbo models. since i have N/A can i just changing the piping to something smaller say 65-70mm pipe so that i don't have that extra back pressure? doing that will i just mess up the whole sound of the exhaust?

let me rephrase. can i change the exhaust piping to something smaller that is suitable for NA and still keep the 3" exhaust tip.

for example let say i get the MA70 Tanabe Hyper Medalion which is ideal for a turbo because of the 3" exhaust tip. 3" exhaust tip on NA = more back pressure, can i change the 80mm pipe to a smaller pipe to get rid of the back pressure? or will i still have some because of the 3" tip

Last edited:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Do you at any point in time want to go turbo (either 7m, 1j or 2j)? If yes then go with a 3" exhaust.

Do you want to use nitrous or custom fit a supercharger? If yes than go with a 3" exhaust.

Are you happy with the NA as it is? If yes go with a 2.5" exhaust.

VA7MGE

Apr 21, 2007
Virgina Beach
foreverpsycotic said:
Do you at any point in time want to go turbo (either 7m, 1j or 2j)? If yes then go with a 3" exhaust.

Do you want to use nitrous or custom fit a supercharger? If yes than go with a 3" exhaust.

Are you happy with the NA as it is? If yes go with a 2.5" exhaust.

yeah im happy with NA

Status
Not open for further replies.