exhaust hanger questions

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
ive just fitted a stainless exhaust to my car. it has approx 2 1/2 inch pipe diameter. i have tried hooking it up with the standard exhaust mount o rings which are approx 2 1/2 inch outside diameter. but with these the exhaust just catches the rear subframe. ive asked a friend to look through his parts catalougue tomorrow for me to see if its possible to order any bigger o rings for me. id say they only need to be maybe 3 inch outside diameter to clear. is it usual to have this sort of issue? are bigger o rings available in the us if i cant source any in the uk?

ohhh and has anyone got any tips for stuff i could use incase they arent available?

cheers

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
I had to have a few made and welded to hang mine. Sometimes after market doesn't fit just like stock and you have to fabricate something to work.

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
ok here are a couple ofpics of where the system is fouling up.

p1066779_1.jpg

p1066779_2.jpg

p1066779_3.jpg

perhaps if i go out and see what its like hanging from just the very back 2 hangers then see if i need to remove / modify the centre ones

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
You can buy some steel rod at the hardware store, heat it, bend it, cut it, and make your own hangers if you wanted, thats what i did. I think you can buy sets of them too though, pre made.