Exhaust gasket maker/sheets?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Do they make metal exhaust gasket sheets? I am in the process of cleaning/rebuilding my Greddy wastegate and can't get the gaskets anymore from Greddy so I need to make a few odd shape square gaskets. Any ideas on where I can get exhaust gasket maker or sheets?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
orillies (sp?) has the sheets for under $10. I used this in a pinch for my dp to catback flange and havent had it leak yet! (7-8months, 4-5,000 miles)
Coat it evenly with the copper spray or exhaust gasket maker (usually red).

as far as it holding up to the waste gate temps at the manifold... not a clue. cheap enough to try though.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
A few odd square shaped gaskets with small diameter holes in the center, and one butterfly shaped square gasket with a the same diameter center.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
grimreaper;1428677 said:
orillies (sp?) has the sheets for under $10. I used this in a pinch for my dp to catback flange and havent had it leak yet! (7-8months, 4-5,000 miles)
Coat it evenly with the copper spray or exhaust gasket maker (usually red).

as far as it holding up to the waste gate temps at the manifold... not a clue. cheap enough to try though.

Is it like metal material? I've seen the regular sheets.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I bought a sheet from eBay a while back. I think it was called Ford gasket maker or something like that. I'll try to find it for you. I think I paid a good bit for it though. It is about one foot by three feet of gasket material.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
crap i totally blanked on the "metal" part. nope im speaking of the paper stuff.

id imagine a sheet of the graphite/ metal gaskets that will with stand the egt's of the mani will cost a bit more...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
grimreaper;1428842 said:
link = no dice^

Nghty89;1428857 said:
Bad link, it no longer shows the item :p

Must have to be logged into my eBay because it works for me. I'll get you another link, cause that's just how I roll.............:biglaugh:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'd have to see the gaskets, but if they're what i think they are you're going to have to hunt down someone that can make them...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Poodles, that's what I was afraid of..hopefully I can make some myself.

Suprahero, do you think that would stand up to the temperatures of an external wastegate? (It's the gaskets between the bases)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I hate to say it, but check if anyone knocked off the greddy wastegates. Chances are that the gaskets will be the same. I know with my XSpower gate, I can run any HKS part in it (spring, diaphragm, etc.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
7Mboost;1428871 said:
Poodles, that's what I was afraid of..hopefully I can make some myself.

Suprahero, do you think that would stand up to the temperatures of an external wastegate? (It's the gaskets between the bases)

I don't know how hot it will withstand but I have mine between the flange and the turbo and it's doing great. It sure beats the piss out of an exhaust leak. I was tired of my car sounding like a log truck.