Exhaust choices.

TurboJoe

Feb 21, 2009
Springfield, MO
Need some help. Can't figure out what I want for an exhaust. Because the budget, a buddy of mine is doing a 3in pipe (no cat). But I cant afford a downpipe yet so i need recommendations for a muffler. I am thinking Borla but does anyone else know of a good tone thats not ricey/raspy. I dont want anything high pitch, im trying to get a deep, clean tone, trying to bring the spool out as much as possible.

Thanks!

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
It's almost hard to get anything sounding high pitch with our motors, the 3.0L I6 just naturally sounds deeper than a lot of the <2.0L I4 rice running round out there these days. A straight through 3" will give you a decent tone.

In terms of a muffler for stock exhaust, I'm pretty sure my buddy's was a Borla. It didn't sound bad, was pretty quiet too. Couldn't hear the spool any more than stock though really.

Just wondering why you'd want to spend money on a muffler you're going to likely scrap when you get a full new exhaust though. I'd honestly say just save the money and get a 3" catback to begin with, then work on the turbo back when you get a chance. You won't get terribly much more performance out of switching the muffler on a stock exhaust, there's still a lot of restriction in the bends and the downpipe/elbow.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
A flowmaster super 44 with 3" mandrel bent exhaust with no cat to the end of the tranny has a good deep rumble to it. or to the back it dont matter.