Excited yet nervous...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Not this weekend but the next on May 24 I will get to see my son graduate from high school. So what, right? Well I haven't seen him since he was two days old on Nov 1, 1989. My girlfriend, now wife, and I, gave him up for adoption with his best interest in mind. We were very young and I was not mature enough to raise a child. My girlfriend and I, surprisingly, stayed together and got married three years later and I'm still married to my supra hating wife:biglaugh:. Readers Digest version here, we communicate with his parents and have for years. We get pictures. He needs a haircut, his hair looks like CC Devilles from Poison:biglaugh:. We have not talked to him though. So I'm real nervous about meeting him and can't wait either.

He was born on Oct 30, 1989 and the next day I drove down to Abilene and spent the day with him and Sandra. On NOv 1 it was time to let him go and it was the single most difficult thing I've ever done. Right before they took him from the room, I stood over him and told him I'd see him in 20 years hopefully. Well it's been 18 1/2 years and God willing, we'll see him next week.
I'll get some pics up after I scan them, but it'll be a few days.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
Wow all sorts of emotions must be going crazy for you right now. I'm sure everything will go great for you though and make sure you make the most of it that you can.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Wow. I'm not really sure what say here Ken, since I have never been in your shoes. I truly wish you and your family all the best.

626na

Banned
Jan 15, 2008
cali
Give him your supra as a Gift for finishing high school. Trust me he will be very happy:icon_bigg, Goodluck

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
First off, Thank you for choosing adoption.. Its wonderful that not only you, but another family is blessed to have an amazing son like yours, in their lives.. Secondly, Congrats! Its always a big accomplishment when a child graduates highschool.. I would be nervous and at my wits end in excitement to meet my child.. I bet everything will go wonderfully and you all will have a wonderful time! I look forward to the pictures and the stories!

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
God bless you and your wife. You didn't selfishly right a wrong with another wrong for the sake of convenience.

Now excuse me while I go :cry: in corner.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
And maybe on may 24th* I'll be getting my 2jz from Jose, so that can be 3 of us that can be excited on may 2th.....

*Ok so it was a wild ass guess but I wanted to fit in....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I had kinda the same thing happen, well not exactly Ken, but close.

First I was taken from my prostitute of a mother when I was eight or nine. I didnt' see her until later on in life when I was maybe 25. She still looked the same as I remembered her. Her brother which is who practically raised me and my siblings since she was gone all the time looked the exact same, only he was a foot shorter than me now..............:biglaugh:

I also met my real dad kinda the same way. He left when I was two, and I met him right before Vonda and I got married. I was about 20 then, and unfortunately for him, he looks just like I do........:biglaugh:

Hopefully, your son will not hold any hard feelings towards you since you made a decision that was best for him. I'm sure you'll have a great yet very awkward weekend.........:biglaugh:
Hopefully you two will have a great friendship...if that's what you're wanting out of this trip. Tell him congrats on the CC hairdo, and also on the graduation, although I think the CC hair is harder to accomplish.

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
im excited, may 24th is a birthday ^_^

I remeber when i had my graduation, it was a sunday, i woke up extra early to wash my supra, i was all dressed up fancy, i had my supra with the targa off, drove to my high school and it was the best day of the week, weather was perect.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
D34DC311;1022971 said:
And maybe on may 24th* I'll be getting my 2jz from Jose, so that can be 3 of us that can be excited on may 2th.....

*Ok so it was a wild ass guess but I wanted to fit in....

Mario, maybe you can pick Ken and Kyle up in your new 2jz powered supra and take them on their journeys through life. It could be your very own jz powered time machine.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprahero;1023001 said:
Mario, maybe you can pick Ken and Kyle up in your new 2jz powered supra and take them on their journeys through life. It could be your very own jz powered time machine.

That would be AWESOME We would be all like wooooshshhhhshshhsh waaaaaaaa zoooooooommmmmmmmm.....I mean...I have no clue what your talking about you crazy person time travel is impossible.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
My graduation sucked ass.. It was June 11th, 2001.. The first time in 20 years that my high school had an outdoor graduation (the floor was being refloored at the gym we usually had our graduation..).. We decided to have an outdoor graduation (we were allowed to vote) at Oregon State's football field... Needless to say, the only freaking day in June that it rained was graduation day.. The only time it rained, was during our graduation! All the parents were under the overhang of the stadium... All 450 of us were drenched like sewer rats...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
savannahashlee;1022942 said:
First off, Thank you for choosing adoption.. Its wonderful that not only you, but another family is blessed to have an amazing son like yours, in their lives.. Secondly, Congrats! Its always a big accomplishment when a child graduates highschool.. I would be nervous and at my wits end in excitement to meet my child.. I bet everything will go wonderfully and you all will have a wonderful time! I look forward to the pictures and the stories!

Scot;1022954 said:
God bless you and your wife. You didn't selfishly right a wrong with another wrong for the sake of convenience.

Now excuse me while I go :cry: in corner.

Thank yall so much.

suprahero;1022997 said:
I had kinda the same thing happen, well not exactly Ken, but close.

First I was taken from my prostitute of a mother when I was eight or nine. I didnt' see her until later on in life when I was maybe 25. She still looked the same as I remembered her. Her brother which is who practically raised me and my siblings since she was gone all the time looked the exact same, only he was a foot shorter than me now..............:biglaugh:

I also met my real dad kinda the same way. He left when I was two, and I met him right before Vonda and I got married. I was about 20 then, and unfortunately for him, he looks just like I do........:biglaugh:

Hopefully, your son will not hold any hard feelings towards you since you made a decision that was best for him. I'm sure you'll have a great yet very awkward weekend.........:biglaugh:
Hopefully you two will have a great friendship...if that's what you're wanting out of this trip. Tell him congrats on the CC hairdo, and also on the graduation, although I think the CC hair is harder to accomplish.

I'm sure there are no hard feelings. He has always known he was adopted and has never questioned it. We wrote letters to him when he was a baby for him to read later explaining or situations. We are very fortunante to have been informed on his well being over the years. They sent pictures every year while he was growing up.

When I was 25 my mom told me I had a brother she'd been made to give up for adoption in 1962 when she was 19. She never got to hold him and just saw him one time after delivery. She always wanted to know if he was alive and if he had a good life. Right before she was diagnosed with cancer in 2001I paid a service to find him with what information we had and they did. Ironically he lived about 20 minutes from my mom! I called him and then later met him. He's a great guy too. My mom was thrilled to know he was alive and doing very well and did not want to intrude on his life. She didn't request to meet him until she practically on her death bed. She said she just needed to see him and the day he came over she was so sick she couldn't talk to him. So we've had it a lot better in this situation than she did. I haven't talked to him in a couple of years. We'll never be close. He had such a good life and family growing up, he never yearned to find his biological family. I wish him the best though.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I was reading though wondering if he knew or not, because that would be a bombshell to drop on someone out of nowhere.

Sounds like a pretty good situation.

Good luck!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Apparently Mario hasn't watched Back to The Future...............:3d_frown:

Sorry for the hijack Ken, but you know how I do.............:biglaugh: