error code 51 after wide band o2 install

sweaver

Oct 13, 2010
ny
the posts i have found on code 51 refer to the TPS. can code 51 have anything to do with the regular
02 sensor as when i disconnected it to remove the exhaust it was very dirty from rich fuel and could that disturbance cause the problem. resistance on the 02 sensor was 4.0. TPS resistance was in the correct range without shiming the throttle. problem is that the car starts and idles at 10.5 a/f but when i give it throttle it goes very lean and tries to stall. none of that was happening before wide band installation. thanks steve

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
make sure that all seals on the exhaust side are good. such as turbo to down-pipe (make sure it's tight and gasket in good condition), and primary O2S is tight and gasket sealing properly. It is possible that free air is being sucked into the exhaust BEFORE the O2 sensors, so the sensor gives a false lean condition. It reads lean but the engine is running as it should.

That's a possibility, with the information given

sweaver

Oct 13, 2010
ny
resistance on the 02 meter should be in the 3.0-3.6 range and is reading 4.1 i was informed that this is my problem seeing how vf is in the 0-5 volt range this sounds logical to me that .5 ohlm could throw off the vf and make the ecu go lean. the down pipe at turbo and gasket to the 02 sensor looked tight. can anyone agree or disagree with my logic?