eraezer - Supra MK3 -89 -Swedish Build

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
hehe :)
Thank you. Some tasks are more fun then others. For example, sanding and shaping fiberglass reinforced putty is not so much fun after awhile. But watching at the progress (and finally the end result) and thinking that I did this on my own is very fun :)

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
hello :)
no I still own the supra. I had an accident in january while snowboarding. I dislocated my collarbone which needed surgery to be corrected, so I had this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOFwXbQd4A
So I havent gotten much work done. I am working on it now though and it will be running before the 1st of june. I'm scrapping most of my plans to do this, but there will be a new turbo on ;) a KKK k27

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Some in between updates!

I'm currently trying to figure out why I have such high fuel consumption. It's currently at 1.7 liter/10km (13.84 mpg(US)) which is too high in my opinion since I was mostly driving to and from work.

I'm also putting together my own big brake kit.
I got a set of free calipers from a friend so I'll try and use them. They are from a touareg V10, so it's 4 pot, 330mm diameter, 32mm thickness in front and 2pot, 330mm diameter, 32mm thickness in the rear.
Currently I'm set on using either 350Z (324mmx30mm) track or sti (326mmx30mm) rotor in front and sti (316mmx20mm) rotor in rear.
But I have a problem and that is that the chrome is flaking from the caliper pistons and I can't find replacement pistons for a reasonable price. The pistons are 46mm in diameter and 32mm high.
So my current idea is to buy land rover pistons which are 46mmx31mm and in stainless steel. These do not have any collar to accept dust boots so I will modify these in a lathe and I was also thinking about welding extensions to them to compensate for thinner rotors. What do you think?
I have also sandblasted the calipers and bought paint for them, but I won't paint them until the piston problem is sorted.

I have also begun building my own FFIM, it's almost completed, all I need is a way to operate the throttle (longer throttle cable) and add some vacuum connections.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
-:|Update - 2014-01-18|:-

Today I got some paint on my calipers. I got some help from GF and a friend.
I still haven't gotten anywhere on the brake caliper piston problem.

Pictures:

Calipers ready for paint

Painted and drying

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Just so that you don't think this project is dead.
The K27 turbo is in and so is my own FFIM and my new IC.

In the autumn of 2014 I started tearing down my supra, it was time for paint. I'm still working on it, painting it myself. I also got a new windshield in :)

Master thesis and a new job got in the way of working on my supra, but I work on it whenever I have time.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
hehe thanks for the interest in my project :)

I have a lot of pictures....and I mean A LOT!!!! I'm going to see if I can find a good picture host where I don't have to manage one link per picture.

The valve covers are not much different than the latest pictures on the previous page. But the FFIM is on and working great, but I might build another one since I have the parts for it :)

I'm painting the car in parts and I think the basic car (without any removable panels) have been painted in basecoat three times (2 or 3 coats per time) and at least as many times with clearcoat. Colorsanding between each time.

I think I will have some time over christmas to post some pictures for you :)

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Hehe I would update more if I had the time, but I'm choosing to spend whatever time I have left on my supra 😁
I have only a few parts left to paint.
I'm sanding before, in the middle and after. There are lots of coats of clear.

Below you can see the nose panel which has just received the red Ferrari paint. It needs to harden for a week before I can sand it and then put the clear on. One week after it's time for another sanding session and polish.
IMG_20170723_223459.jpg

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Thank you :)

Here is also a sneak peak of the targa roof which I've sanded by hand (1500 and 2000 grit), 3000 grit on machine and then polished with Meguiars 105 on a heavy cut pad. I'm using a cotech HPV 720 Da polisher.

IMG_20170805_021433.jpg

IMG_20170805_021507.jpg

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
WoHo! Supramania is back!!!!

In case you don't know, I've focused on having my project thread on Youtube and the latest released episode is #120. Yesterday I recorded episode 161 so things are happening. Please have a look, comment and subscribe and please don't be afraid to be critical about my videos (I'm still learning).
The photos I take are most often uploaded to my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/squirtified_engineering/

Link to the latest episode:

Reactions: trofimovich