Engine Wire Harness Problem?

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
Ok so I pulled the intake manifold off to replace all the hoses and gaskets to prevent leaks for best performance. So as we were pulling the harness after everything there's a wire that runs down to the transmission that has 2 wires... I couldn't find a connector though? So i cut it to remove the manifold, then resoldered it afterward. But is there a connector for these wires? I almost just want to get 2 female and male connectors so i can just disconnect and reconnect it everytime. I thought this was really weird. Also should the vaccum tree and vsvs be bolted to the upper manifold before reinstallation to the low intake runners? I tested the TPS since it was throwing a code 31.. It was bad. What kind of problems will a bad TPS cause?

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can disconnect them at the tranny, which is a major pain IMO.

I just added a connector myself.

I'm only guessing, I'm sure someone will correct me, but I believe this is the netural start sensor? Or the reverse light switch? One of the two.

I'm not totally sure, it was long ago, but the connector thing worked for me.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
The two wires you are talking about are the ( reverse light ) switch. When you go into reverse it hits the switch and bam you got lights.

The TPS, will cause!!1 A lot!! of issues for you until you get it fixed/replaced, idle will be screwed timing, many issues arise. If you need one I have an extra one, if you live in the US I can ship it to you for 25.00 shipped let me know.

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
92TealSupra;1158390 said:
The two wires you are talking about are the ( reverse light ) switch. When you go into reverse it hits the switch and bam you got lights.

The TPS, will cause!!1 A lot!! of issues for you until you get it fixed/replaced, idle will be screwed timing, many issues arise. If you need one I have an extra one, if you live in the US I can ship it to you for 25.00 shipped let me know.

sounds good. I'de actually look into that. PM me a pic and paypal address...

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
The connector is actually on top of the trans held by a little clip. Terrible pain to get. TPS will cause many issues, you might be better off disconecting it all together IIRC

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
Do i mount the vaccum tree on the upper before installation of the upper? or do i install it after the upper is installed... It would be a PITA to install it while the upper is installed..