Engine Will Not Shut Off When Key is in the Off Position

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
I just started experiencing this today. When key is turned off, everything shuts off (cluster, stereo, temp + pressure gauges) except the engine and MAFT PRO Has anybody experienced this before? I looked up the wiring diagram for the circuit in the TCCS, and I plan on starting by testing the correct ignition wire tomorrow. Just wondering if this has happened to anybody else.

Last edited:

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Well, mine keeps running, but that's because it's supposed to, so that the remote start "knows" that I didn't leave the car in gear.

You sure that you don't have a turbo timer or remote start installed? :p (Gotta ask the obvious questions first sometimes.)

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
I have not installed a turbo timer or a remote start, and I have not noticed any additional module that could have been from the previous owner. This this the first time this has happened.

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
I stalled it out. I forgot to mention that when the key is in the off position, the RPMs at idle drop. In the case of dieseling, I do not think that it is likely either. I have checked to make sure the injectors were not visibly leaking and they do not smell like fuel. The injectors were sent off and flow tested while I was doing my rebuild. The engine will refuse to shut off whether it is hot or cold.