Engine tripping

Liger07

Mar 28, 2023
I'm new to my supra and to turbo cars. my engine feels like it trips over it self when the boost gage reads 8+ and 4000rpm any thing lower then 4000rpm and it doses fine can anyone explain to me what is happening

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
More information please. Is everything stock or are there any modifications? Has this been a problem since you got the car or did it suddenly appear? Did you check for codes?

Liger07

Mar 28, 2023
More information please. Is everything stock or are there any modifications? Has this been a problem since you got the car or did it suddenly appear? Did you check for codes?
i got the car 2 months ago i was told everything is stock and yes is has been a problem scents i got the car i haven't checked for codes and the check engine light is not on

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
It's easy, so checking for codes is a good first step.

How old is your gasoline? How old are the spark plugs? Checking for intake leaks between the turbo and throttle body is in order. That's most likely to leak under maximum boost.

The TSRM troubleshooting chart can help with ideas of what to check.

Liger07

Mar 28, 2023
It's easy, so checking for codes is a good first step.

How old is your gasoline? How old are the spark plugs? Checking for intake leaks between the turbo and throttle body is in order. That's most likely to leak under maximum boost.

The TSRM troubleshooting chart can help with ideas of what to check
i did find one leak and fixed fresh gas no clue about the spark plugs il change them out anyway and il check out that chart you posted thank you for the info

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
When you say the car feels like it trips over itself, does the check engine light come on for 2 seconds, then turn off? If so, you're hitting boost cut.