Engine temp goes up under boost

MkiiiAllDay

Jul 19, 2013
orange, CA
Hey guys, i know ive got some problems with my car, thats why ive been posting lately. well as the title says my engine temp randomly goes up while going onto boost, but the car isnt actually overheating, do any of you guys have an idea what would cause this and how i can fix this? Also has this ever happened to anyone?

Thanks for any info guys.

MkiiiAllDay

Jul 19, 2013
orange, CA
Well in the sense of driving normal it doesnt overheat but when i do go onto boost it just starts to go up, and then when i let off it goes back down to running temp

MkiiiAllDay

Jul 19, 2013
orange, CA
Well i guess I'm hard boosting then it goes up, and then i let down to stop boosting then it just goes back to normal temp, like the temp gauge jumps up then goes back to normal
I have to say though that, this just randomly started today after i fixed some wiring for aftermarket security system and gauges cuz previous owner did a hack job

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
That was a joke. Hopefully it's just a cooling system issue like an old inefficient radiator. But, it could be... ::bhg::

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Be off for the sensor to go up just because you boosted.

Seems like more of a wiring issue unless it's actually overheating.

MkiiiAllDay

Jul 19, 2013
orange, CA
I guess I'll check the boost sensor wires, and I'll see from there, this is annoying, thanks for the help you guys, I'll update you on Monday because I'm on spring break and dedicating that day to working on the supra

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
If your running tbe stock turbo which is water cooled then hard boosting on a stock cooling system could be an issue.
Contributing factors could be oem rad, weak fan clutch, no under cover, no shroud, constriction in cooling system, weak water pump, running no coolant (straight water) low airflow accross rad (air has to go through intercooler, condenser then rad) etc etc.
You havn't described your setup.

MkiiiAllDay

Jul 19, 2013
orange, CA
Alright, so i am running stock setup but no under tray, and the shroud is broken, I'm sure the clutch works, unless its broken (forgot how to tell if its broken: easy to move while off is ok right?), and that's pretty much it, but what i don't know its why its doing it now when I've been driving the car and occasionally hard boosting for about like 4 months