Engine swapping from Turbo to NA car

KMinAF

Old Man
Sep 15, 2006
American Fork, UT
I am having a hard time finding the info I am looking for via search function. Would someone please point me in the right direction. I am swapping the drivetrain from a turbo doner into my 87 NA. If I remember correctly don't the ecu's power differently i.e. main relay and cor relay wiring is slightly different? Just looking for things to be aware of when doing the swap. Thanks

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Everything is plug n play as long as the years are matching. Like pre89 yellow plug to yellow plug. 89-90 are the same and 91 and 92 have there differences as well

What year is each car?

topekamk3

Nov 4, 2011
Topeka, KS
Not a problem. That got me through my NA->T build so I knew exactly where to find it. It's under the 7m-ge section as a sticky. It'd be nice to have it under the 7m-gte as a sticky too since that's where most people come.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Addendum.

'89 is its own special year. The ECU is NOT compatible with the '90+. It's grey plug, but actually closer to the yellow plug harness from the pre'89 cars than it is to the grey plug '90+ cars. They hellow plug engine harness will plug into the chassis harness, though with minor issues. Presumably this is the same for the '89 ECU/harness into a pre-'89 car.