engine starts but wont idle.

nthilavan

booster
Dec 31, 2010
SE Portland
okay here my most recent issue.. just put a new battery in my car but now it wont idel anymore now it turns on and just dies out.. was doing just fine before the battery replacement.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

also my wipers are no longer working either.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Make sure that you've got a good connection on the terminals too and that the wires going in to the terminals haven't started falling out or anything like that.

nthilavan

booster
Dec 31, 2010
SE Portland
okay so this is wierd havent done anything yet and now it is fine. but still cant get my wipers on gonna check my fuses later today when the rain calms down

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Glad it was something simple. I'd just go over connections real quick (specifically at the battery terminals) once more to make sure they're all solid to make sure things stay happy.

nthilavan

booster
Dec 31, 2010
SE Portland
think i just might need a new wire harness cause my starter signal wire isnt working.. had to install a push button start.. for now.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Do you have furry little fiends (yes, fiends, not friends) trying to make a home in your engine bay or dash?

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
You probably reset your ECU after changing the battery. Once you turned your car back on the ECU needed time to re-learn everything.