Engine over heating

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Ok, i put some prestone super cleaner in the radiator, followed the directions and filled with water. Went to take it for its maiden voyage to the exhaust shop and the temp sensor shoots up to red! My water pump seems fine along with my clutch fan. No white smoke is billowing from my DP any suggestions? Oh and there was foam in my radiator as well.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
just some advice you might wanna try. i was having a similar problem after i did my 1j swap and couldnt figure out the problem. the temp gauge was going wayy up to the red but everything seemed to be working in order. and the gauge was working just fine when i had my 7m in there. i decided to use a infarred thermometer and checked all the rad hoses tempertures and the coolant temp in the rad. turns out i had no problem with overheating, the sensor for the water them was out of wack. i just ran a after market water temp gauge and it solved the problem. Just try using a infarred thermometer to see if coolant is actually as hot as the gauge is saying.