engine mount brackets

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
Does anyone know where i can get them? i know champion Toyota sells them but it is an 8 week wait. I am going to be deploying in a couple of months and i don't want to push my swap down to the wire. Will the engine mount brackets from a soarer 1j work with a 2jz swap in a 90 mk3?

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
I have been reading that that the 2jz engine mount brackets are different from the 1jz motor mount brackets, iirc (from supras.nl) they said the 2j and 1j engine brackets sit a couple of cm forward that the 7m, but the hole for the rubber engine mount on the 1j had the same distance to the bell housing as the 7M, thats why i need it. Do you know the difference between the 1j soarer engine brackets and the 1j supra engine brackets if they are any, or if it will work?

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i have no idea about the soarer/supra bracket differences. i would just get 1J brackets as im sure they'll work

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
The 2jz or Soarer brackets will not work on a mk3. The only brackets that will bolt up are the JZA70 brackets or the BIC pre 89 brackets ( if you have a pre 89). BUT!!!!!!!, BIC performance now makes jza70 style brackets for 89+ mk3's. The price is $185 shipped and you will see them in 2 weeks or less. Send me a PM if interested, I havent had a chance to update the website yet, but they are now a regular stocked item.

Randy@BIC