Engine "Lopes"

canadianbacon

Extra Crispy
Dec 10, 2005
Coquitlam, BC
I just did a MHG on my 87. I changed the ECU,TPS,AFM and CPS. As it says above, the engine "lopes". I step on the gas, and it is trying to idle, but it stutters and idles from 1300 RPM to 2000 RPM. The car sat for a while, and I put fuel injection cleaner and still nothing. I should mention I cleaned the throttle body out thoroughly. Does anyone have any suggestions. I was thinking on changing the fuel injectors next. Can you bench test'em some how? Also what about vacuum leaks. I know the accordian hose had a small leak but I siliconed it. I should get a new one. :3d_frown: I should also mention when I retard the timing right to the end, It actually idles at 1100RPM. This is my first turbo, and I have had six NA's. The turbo has been boosting at about 8 PSI. Any imput much appreciated. I really hate to ask for some help.... but I am getting weak!:1zhelp: Thanks Dan.

canadianbacon

Extra Crispy
Dec 10, 2005
Coquitlam, BC
:3d_frown:
johnathan1 said:
Did you check codes? What about timing?
Yes, I checked codes.... and nothing now, after I put the new ECU in. The timing is 5 degrees advanced. LIke I said earlier I retarded it to the farthest point. It idles @1100 RPM. I think I might have a bunk CPS though.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Sounds like your CPS might be off one tooth. Confirm you checked the timing with the diag block jumpered.