Engine Harness Repair

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
I'm in need of repairs on my engine harness. I contacted tweaked performance and they told me they don't deal with the 7m harness anymore. They recommended panic wire which i never heard before. Does anyone here have/had experience with them? Also is there anyone else on here that I can send my harness to get repaired? I want to do it myself but I can't seem to find all of the connectors I need in order to repair it. Please let me know if there is a website offering these connectors. Thanks!!

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
You should be able to get a lot of the connectors from Toyota, you just have to know the part number. I'll PM you a link to a file I have with most or all of the plugs. You're going to have to do a little investigation to identify the plugs. Between that and the TEWD, I was able to refurb the harness myself. I had to retrofit an 89 donor harness to fit my 92. The body plugs are different so I had to do a lot of cutting, splicing and soldering. I got new loom material/high heat tape from McMaster Carr and the end result was pretty good.
2014-04-24 22.47.53.jpg
You can buy the pins from Toyota but they come precrimped on a short piece of wire. You can buy the pins and little rubber gaskets from Ebay if you want to crimp onto your own or existing wire. If you're careful you should be able to depin the old plugs and just insert into the new plug body.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
suprajim54;2043729 said:
You should be able to get a lot of the connectors from Toyota, you just have to know the part number. I'll PM you a link to a file I have with most or all of the plugs. You're going to have to do a little investigation to identify the plugs. Between that and the TEWD, I was able to refurb the harness myself. I had to retrofit an 89 donor harness to fit my 92. The body plugs are different so I had to do a lot of cutting, splicing and soldering. I got new loom material/high heat tape from McMaster Carr and the end result was pretty good.
View attachment 75753
You can buy the pins from Toyota but they come precrimped on a short piece of wire. You can buy the pins and little rubber gaskets from Ebay if you want to crimp onto your own or existing wire. If you're careful you should be able to depin the old plugs and just insert into the new plug body.

can you pm me that file as well? Thanks

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I finally remember where I got the file from.

Go here: http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/48443657/Wire Harness Repair Manual (RM1022E).pdf

I noticed it says 1991-2005, so I'm not sure the 1990 and older owners will be able to find every plug covered in that manual. I have a 1992, and found all of the plugs I needed, but I didn't replace every single plug. I had a donor harness and reused the best plugs of each harness and bought new for any that were too far gone.

Last edited: