Engine cuts out often

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Ok I was driving to work in the morning and everything was running fine nothing out of the ordinary. I get a couple miles away from work and the engine starts cutting out so the car starts bucking like crazy. By cutting out I mean that it is running soundly and as I start increasing rpms it gets louder (obviously) then the rpms fall and no sound is made, then it catches itself and the rpms rise again. I think it has gotten progressively worse since it happened. I can't drive it now.

I checked timing. I installed new plugs and wires. A walboro pump. Cleaned my K&N filter cone. Checked connectivity on my FCD. Checked my intercooler piping connections. Made new battery terminal connections. New engine grounds. Everything seems fine. So I don't know what to check next.

Engine Mods: Greddy 1.8mm MHG, ARP Head Studs, K&N Cone, Lexus AFM, 550cc injectors, Walboro 255 pump, HKS FCD, BIC DDP, BIC Test Pipe, 3in Catback, RPS Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Koyo Radiator, Dual FAL Fans, Speed source lower intercooler pipe, Sard 2D2 BOV.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
hmmm. check all connections. once i left the CPS plug loose. i thought it was plugged in but it was just barely making a connection.

everytime id hit a bump the motor would cut out and catch it self again like how youve described.