engine boggs down when revved

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Nick M;1850565 said:
Thankfully, Toyota knows when you have an intake leak and stores 34 for your convience.

And there is carb spray... If you know how to use it... There will be a raise in rpm.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
uncmk3nut;1853921 said:
Here is my 2 cents.. I was reading this thread because my mk3 had similar symptoms recently. I replaced the fuel pump with a 255 walbro, then the car would drive fine until I hit boost

Well, no. Fuel delivery has no bearing on the PCM shutting down fuel injection during over boost. Changing pumps does not change strategy, nor does it effect it.

so I had to do the 12v relay mod for the fuel pump resistor and now no more fuel cut.

The 12V constant mod also has nothing to do with fuel cut, but tuning around the two speed pump with high horsepower cars.

However, before I installed the fuel pump; I had to rewire the knock sensor because it was making the engine bog down when the throttle was pushed more than 20% (sometimes less or more). This of course might not help you but it was my problem.

52 will make the car run real bad.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
For once I agree with Nick M :D

"fuel cut" is done though the injectors and has nothing at all to do with the fuel pump (and the 12v mod doesn't do what you think it does)

Mr. Joe

May 9, 2012
Seattle, Wa
Just thought I'd clear everything up now that I have the problem solved. As it turns out, the AFM was not as stock as i thought it was, causing my engine to run so lean that it would cut out. After installing an OEM AFM (and replacing the headgasket that blew due to my lead foot and lean A/F ratio) the car now runs like a dream.