engine assembly

smokey55

Jul 23, 2010
Omaha
this is my first time putting a engine together i moslty need help with wiring but also some other parts if someone could give me some good piks of the wiring it would be appreciate it thanx

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
If this is your first time doing this i suggest please please follow the online TSRM.

7M\'s are VERY picky on everything, which is why its probably the worst motor you could
start learning on. Nice things arent cheap, and cheap things arent nice and if you skimp out on something
it will bite you in the ass later, i and almost everyone else here can promise you on that one.

Right now, wiring should be your last worry unless you already got it assembled and dropped in.

But personally if there is any advice i can give its whenever your doing something, before you let it go look and it
and know that its going to work, if you have any double thoughts such as \"Well i hope this is going to work\" then its probably
wrong. 15mins looking up that predicament in your tsrm will most likley save your ass everytime.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
I6Boost;1619265 said:
If this is your first time doing this i suggest please please follow the online TSRM.

7M\'s are VERY picky on everything, which is why its probably the worst motor you could
start learning on. Nice things arent cheap, and cheap things arent nice and if you skimp out on something
it will bite you in the ass later
, i and almost everyone else here can promise you on that one.

Right now, wiring should be your last worry unless you already got it assembled and dropped in.

But personally if there is any advice i can give its whenever your doing something, before you let it go look and it
and know that its going to work, if you have any double thoughts such as \"Well i hope this is going to work\" then its probably
wrong. 15mins looking up that predicament in your tsrm will most likley save your ass everytime.

very well said, im gonna make that part of my sig lol, agreed on the wiring, i had to rewire because i got a stand alone system but unless you know where your going with the car i wouldnt recommend that yet.

smokey55

Jul 23, 2010
Omaha
im having trouble with all the little hoses everything else was easy except the starter diddn't look right does it need to spin with the flywheel when i took it off my old 7mgte block i didnt see how it was i found 2 of my sensor wires have been cut off one is the ecu coolant sensor or somthing ant the other goes on the block left side or on the right if your in front of the car i diddn't even bother putting the ac back in I never use it and theres a couple more wires i cant find were they go i'll post up some piks bt the engine i droped it in no problems tailshaft back on tranny sat good for a minute i thought it was leaning but its just my crappy driveway oh yea theres a hose that i have no clue were it goes ill show it in the piks.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

also I already assembled most of it outside of the car at least what bolts on to the engine the problem for me is some wires and those annoying little hoses im not even gonna try to start it untill my mechanic friend comes and takes a look at it untill im sure i did it right then ill be done hopefuly by the end of this week